Old 12th April 2009, 12:49 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTurnbull272 View Post
Woah, epic wall of Quote....
O.o

I read a bit of your post (was a bit hard to read), think I got it...
Well, Rare puts cameos of all kinds of things in nearly ALL of their games!
What do those cameos have ANYTHING to do with testing SnS???
I mean, you can look in just about ANY Rare game and at some point, see a cameo of some sort from another game...And they'd been working on DK64 before Banjo Kazooie was even done and released, so it's not like it was RUSHED or anything...They had the idea for SnS long before DK64 was being released, and that would have gave them a few years I bet.

The ONLY 'Shout-out' if anything to SnS was the ONE item, the ICE KEY!
Didn't you catch that in my post?
Nowhere in my post did I say anything about 'cameos' or how they were shout outs to SnS or anything...But as for similar 'Beta Cameos', I don't see the big deal in that? Both games are based off of a very similar engine! So I see no reason why Rare wouldn't have taken some things from their Banjo Kazooie game and put them into the Beta DK64 until they could get some more official and final models in there...Games change...Stop and Swop hadn't been dropped as of the release of DK64, it wasn't dropped until a bit AFTER that...as to why the 'Ice Key 0/1' thing was left in, that's even weirder then I guess, huh?

Aside from the TYPICAL cameos, the only thing in there was the key...
Name another SnS related thing in DK64 other than that!
I can't think of another SINGLE thing!
I heard the cameos were supposed to only appear when BK was inserted into to slot. and DKC64 was inserted into the DD.