View Single Post
Old 20th June 2006, 11:51 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
A more Plausible Stop 'n' Swap theory

Hello all I'd like you to listen to a theory for the original activation of Stop 'n' Swap before the whole project got canned.

Alright It was way back when the world was young. The late 1990's. A small and secretive company was plotting secrets for there next realese. Banjo Kazooie. The company, Rare had an brainstorm for a great idea to increse sales.
"We should make an animated sieries!" one said.
"I know. We should make a program called Stop 'n' Swap! It will be where we will put secret levels and other things that will be behind barriers and other things and when we release the sequal there will be the answer to unlock it and we'll post it on our box and say it can only be activated if you have both!"
" Great idea poeple will want it for the game play and Stop 'n' Swap. We can show them to the fans and even get them more hyped up!"
" But wait!"
"What?"
"Hackers. They'll probably use game inhancers to get the items. Don't worry even if they get the items they still won't have the adresses to make it work and unlock the levels. Well also put the level under so much security that they won't even know the level is there!"
Then later after the release.
" Well it seems 2 hackers have found the sandcastle codes, SnS items and even more. That means Stop 'n' Swap won't have the same impact as we planned. People won't care as much. I'm sorry guys we all know we wanted to put this into the game but it didn't work out the way we wanted."
" I know we can put some of the eggs and the key in there and make some crappy prizes instead. Just to make them angry. Besides, they brought it upon themselves."
And that is how Stop 'n' Swap was decided and deleted if my speech part is correct but here I think was how Stop 'n' Swap was originally planned.

Alright you learn of Stop 'n' Swap from BK and you wanted it. Anyway we BT was released they would put the SnS activation in BT. Then you'd Swap to BK with the conformation data transferred to the game and it would show the eggs or one egg and you do the process how Rare wanted it. I won't post it because there's no plausible part to that. So then you'd have the items. You'd Swap back to Tooie and use the items there. You go back to BK with the code to unlock the originally planned unlockables.

So there you have it. The problem with unlocking SnS is that it would be started with BT which would make the code very complex because 1st you'd need the conformation code. Then you'd need to do the SnS process. Then you'd need to put in the codes of removed items and the conformation that theyd been used and the code to activate the area's and it would be a huge mess. Also why we haven't found Stop 'n' Swap is the lack of hackers. But! I have 2 solutions one: We should inlist the help of other known hackers like parasyte and others. 2: If you don't know how to hack and have spare time on your hands then goto http://web.archive.org/web/200503190...Text/hackv500c
And you could become an expert hacker just like Ice mario!*

* you probably won't become an expert hacker like Ice Mario...Although you may become better. No offence Ice