View Single Post
Old 13th August 2008, 04:20 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Hey Mike,

First of all, welcome back buddy . Now, I've explained this bit before but you weren't here to hear it. Basically, that value only represents how many Ice-keys you have. Now, since you will never see this value until the ice-key is shown in the menu, it will always be set to 1. Except for the first time you boot a fresh ROM. The important thing to note is that this does NOT activate the ice-key in the menu.

For that, you need to use one of these codes to mod the menu item. Keep in mind that we haven't actually found the value that fully activates the ice-key in the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123
To activate the ice-key in the menu, use one of these codes and the value 0x0008.

807FC818 - Golden Bananas Menu Modifier
807FC819 - Battle Crowns Menu Modifier
807FC81A - Boss Keys Menu Modifier

Once you do so, you will see that the item's name appears as the Icekey, and that you have 1 / 1 icekeys collected. Makes sense seeing a s there is only one icekey you can collect .

Still no sign of the ice-keys image anywhere. Don't worry though, I'm pretty close to finding that. Once I figure out how to get dk64 running correctly in nemu64, I'll investigate the ice-key code further with some ASM. Try to see what sets the ice-key to 0x01 in memory.