Satan

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PstriPle View Post
Sounds interesting, keep me updated.
Hey, thanks for showing interest buddy!

https://github.com/dredylox/terminalpoker

I'll try and post some updates whenever I hit milestones and stuff, but if you wanna just follow as I go, I'll upload progress to this github repo as well. I'm still a newbie and am doing this both to learn and to eventually build a catalog of apps for a portfolio, so the code might be a little all over the place, and I still need to go back and comment everything (right now it's definitely got some super bad practice lmao)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Airplane View Post
I'd be careful about letting the bot cheat like that. Sure it's similar to reading a tell, but I know I'd be frustrated if my opponent knew to fold on a particularly good hand.

Maybe the "cheat" could be okay by also tracking a stat of how often the player hits on a low quality hand and using that to influence decisions? Ultimately cheating is gonna be fine as long as the player doesn't feel like it's unfair.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. "Cheating" is gonna be my last ditch effort after I exhaust any other more elegant options. It's more akin to what you had stated as well - moreso a bot having a high stat for reading opponents allowing them to have a higher chance to get a tell from them - mostly user players. If a bot has max intelligence stat, they'd have a higher than average chance of passing in a bool that roughly communicates "you suspect that player 1 is bluffing" to the program logic, and etc. however figuring out how to translate that idea into code and allow it to not outright be a "this CPU will always bet aggressively if it suspects a bluff," etc. will be a whole thing lol.