View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2008, 02:46 AM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
I have a question here. Nemu64 after you stop a game, and open up the memory editor all the data from the game you shut down is still in there.

Sometimes after exiting one rom and loading another, it will cause that rom to crash on boot-up. This happened to me with DK64 and DK kiosk I think...not sure what game's exactly. To fix the problem I had to restart Nemu64 or clear the ram by switching from 8mb ram to 4mb ram and back again.

So, is it possible that somehow the data is being cold-swapped in nemu?
No, because the emulator wasn't programmed to clear the RAM upon closure, so the RAM data just remains there as dummy data until new data comes in. That explains why ssj had DK64 data after 400000+, since Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie was never programmed in the first place to have data that far up (since it didnt need the expansion pack)

My guess would be if they crashed it's because some variables in the RAM need to be 00, and the game doesn't write data there since it would be 00 anyway (I'm not sure which games these apply too, but they vary). If it doesn't write the data, the data from the previous game would remain there.

Last edited by Coolboyman; 23rd April 2008 at 02:56 AM.