Thread: HAT TCG General
View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 05:18 PM
formerly DemonLabRat

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Footy TCG General

Discuss and arrange matches for Yu-gi-oh, Magic: the Gathering, Pokemon TCG, and other collectible/trading card games here.

I used to play Yugioh casually among friends and acquaintances. I won't claim to be particularly good, but I did collect a good number of cards over the years, whether they came from booster packs or others passing their collections over to me. The four decks I had were a Crystal Beasts deck, a Naturia deck, a Mermail deck and a somewhat generic earth deck with loads of insects for getting out Doom Dozers. I did also occasionally get my hands on a few Pokemon cards, and I have a bunch of old ones in the attic. I probably played my first few and only games of it just over a year ago when I was down the old internet cafe we used to have here, and I enjoyed the little I got to play.

However, last year I got into MTG, and I've been hooked ever since. The resource management aspect of it in particular really appeals to me, since it offers the opportunity to face many choices as you play which may bring you closer to or further from victory. I've been attending pre-release events for new sets and competing in modern standard and block-based limited games, arranging sessions and drafts in the backroom of the local pub, usually buying whole booster boxes to do so. It's been a while since my last game, but I'm already itching to get back to it.

If anyone would be interested in a game of any of these three online somewhere, or even another card game, I'd be stoked to play. I may fail to provide decent competition depending on what it is, but I like to think I grasp things quickly.