View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 12:30 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
So I played through Wild Web Woods in Impossible Lair. The game is damn good. The controls are a little more weighty and sluggish than I expected, which I can see driving some people nuts, but it doesn't bother me much, especially since the levels are full of timing-based obstacles that require a lot of starting and stopping anyway. In terms of pacing, it's definitely more Yoshi's Island than Donkey Kong Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
yeah, i agree that dkc takes some time to get its nuance down - i thought they were bad games for a long time, until i really sat down with a real copy of dkc1 and plugged away
I hope you'll give the same time and attention to DKC2. It's been my favorite game of all time since I first played it when I was eight. Bramble Scramble is my absolute favorite level in any game.

Actually, of the five DKCs, DKC1 is the one I enjoy the least. There's nothing wrong with it, but the sequels all added so much that the original feels bare-bones in comparison. DKC2 is where the series really comes into its own, imo.