View Single Post
Old 8th August 2014, 05:27 AM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Administrator

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
When I first started up this game, I said "what kind of game is this?" But then I quickly learned, this game was Banjo-Kazooie. Starting up the game, I was taken to a hub world of sorts, one that was very reminiscent of areas in the 1998 video game Banjo-Kazooie for Nintendo 64. I made my way through the platforming parts, something that games like 2008's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts did not feature, but rather games like Banjo-Kazooie and even later game Banjo-Tooie would showcase. But as I quickly learned, the game was not like the latter, Banjo-Tooie, as I was immediately given a Jigsaw Puzzle Piece, or "Jiggy", upon entering the first level, Green Grass Garden. The name of this level, like many levels in the video game Banjo-Kazooie, featured three words that started with the same letter, making me feel like I was actually playing the previously mentioned game.

As I made my way through the level, I noticed that there were things like musical notes, eggs, and Shock Pads, like the game Banjo-Kazooie, and that the level was very similar aesthetically to Mumbo's Mountain from the game Banjo-Kazooie. I found a secret passage in the water that I was able to swim through that felt very familiar to the level Clanker's Cavern in Banjo-Kazooie, and made my way up the series of platforms to acquire another Jiggy. Searching around a bit more, I managed to find all 100 notes and 10 Jiggies, the latter of which required me to find all 5 Jinjos, a small creature found in the video game Banjo-Kazooie, and I left the stage to pass through a Note Door, a kind of door found in the hub world of Rare's Banjo Kazooie (1998). Unlike Banjo-Kazooie, however, I could not progress any further through the hub world, but I imagine as the game is developed further, it will be made so like in Banjo-Kazooie, you are able to progress to further levels in the game.

Many of the aspects of the game felt like Banjo-Kazooie, rather than games to come out later in the series such as Banjo-Tooie, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, or even Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Lair; nor did the game ever feel like another Rare-developed game, such as Diddy Kong Racing (a game featuring the eponymous Banjo and his bird partner, Kazooie) or Killer Instinct. If I had to rate this game, I would have to give it a rating of Banjo-Kazooie.

ルバー・フォング

Last edited by Alakazam; 8th August 2014 at 05:30 AM.