View Single Post
Old 7th May 2023, 12:57 AM
Satan

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I finally managed to squeak out a victory on
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Jevil
and man Toby knows how to make a tough optional boss. I also forgot how good Deltarune chapter 1 is; the writing is great. I'm on chapter 2 right now, right before
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
I fight the queen. I've already beaten Spamton NEO and while I love his psychotic, disturbing character more than Jevil, I was a little disappointment with how much easier he was - with me beating him on my first attempt. Still, I haven't attempted the Weird route yet and I know he's tougher there. I just have to be able to bring myself to actually play through that sadistic playthrough...
Overall, I have no idea why I put off playing it for so long when I was beyond hyped when it first dropped. Playing through both has definitely rekindled by excitement for the chapters to come though and made me bust out the Gaster evidence boards and my tin hat all over again lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
Drift/randomly not walking full speed with the pro-controller is also so freaking annoying. How did Nintendo mess up SO bad designing this gen's controllers, when the Gamecube was peak design.
I'm on I think my 3rd Joycon thumbstick repair at this point. I hadn't had that issue with my pro controller, but it's a damn shame that a lot of things on the device are such poor quality in terms of durability. Like, I understand the plastic screen and "soft but tough" philosophy with the core console since it's supposed to be a toy the children can use, but the controllers are the antithesis of that design and stuff like the body bending to the point the dock doesn't work and the screen literally scratching from using the dock are really embarrassing for a $300 device...