View Single Post
Old 16th July 2004, 12:07 AM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
This is probably the best overall theory I've heard in quite a long time. Good job Slaphappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphappy
So Rare began it's work on Project Dream, later to be renamed Banjo Kazooie. An interesting proposition, but one that would be considered an amazing accomplishment in the gaming community. The transfer of data Proof of Concept was coded and successfully demonstrated by transferring the Ice Key data between beta versions of BK and DK64 (see the DK64 SNS Special for more details). Not via a hot-swap of ROMs, but by turning off the console first, removing one ROM and inserting the other. There was more than enough time to stop the N64, and swap the game ROMS, hence Stop 'n Swop. If the user took to long, nothing bad would happen, just no data transfer.
Although I've never really bothered to read up on the subject much, this kind of connection makes sense really. It would have been a great testing medium, as it was a similiar platform style game and would have been easily compatable (Had I been in their shoes, I would have done the same.). This also explains the remnants found in DK I believe.

As for your other points, I have to agree. I think it's sad that space has to quash creativity, but 'dems the breaks it seems. And as other's have said, I repeat: Very good job. You did your homework.