Thread: HAT klonoa
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2022, 03:50 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Probably the only good announcement in the Direct. I played the Wii remake of Door to Phantomile and liked it. And I liked Lolo in Namco High (lmao, remember that?) and I know she's from the sequel, so it'll be nice finally playing that.

Wish I could figure out if these games are remakes or upscaled ports, though. Looks like the latter to me, but I have a buddy that swears up and down they're remakes and I don't have a good enough eye for graphics to seriously argue with him.
klonoa 1 is a full remake, it is aesthetically wildly different from the wii port. most notably they changed klonoa's design back to his ps1 look, whcih was entirely different from his wii look

klonoa 2 seems to lean more remaster but the visual style is a bit different. working off the same models and animations though, namco tends to hold onto the source code for their old games better than lots of other companies. you see that paying off in other remasters of theirs like mr driller drill land, that's a direct port of the game's original code with its original uncompressed art assets