View Single Post
Old 20th July 2022, 06:37 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
Comment from 2008 (Youtube DK64 - Ice Key Unlocked)

CyberMario
I was working at Nintendo while this was being made. Originally, it was supposed to be connected in a 'super-secret' way with Donkey Kong 64 (which I was working on at the time Banjo Tooie was being produced). In the end, the decision from the top was that the technique required to do the special connection was too hard to test for, and the idea was scrapped. The room where the connection was going to happen still exists in DK64, but it's walled off and can't be accessed.

From - sevinPackage
If you visit CyberMario's profile, you can view his upload from May 1st 2016 titled, "True Final Arena First Try Finish". In the description, you'll find a link to his Twitch channel, which reveals the following bio:

"Born in the wonderful year of 1993, I enjoy video games for the vast immersion and wonders."

So, either Nintendo decided to recruit this six year old employee in 1999, or this post reeks of "My Uncle works at Nintendo" - I'm going with the latter.

Besides that, exploring the area with clipping reveals that there is nothing on other side of the wall in Crystal Caves, so 'walling off' the content would have been very easy to find.

Last edited by Rare_Gamer; 20th July 2022 at 06:39 AM.