View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2020, 03:40 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Exclamation Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Why isn't the Are Dubya Pee talking about this game? It's a new platformer from the creators of Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country, and unlike the original Yooka-Laylee, it really feels like it. It got solid reviews, too. Seems like it'd be in our wheelhouse, no?

Some people call it "DKC4 in all but name" and if you watch videos like this you'll totally see why:

Anyway, this game is really good. Totally drinks its predecessor's milkshake. It's like if Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Island and Zelda II all had a baby, and it made me believe in this new googly-eyed animal universe like YL1 couldn't. It's also really hard, if you're into that, and has some top-notch music from Grant Kirkhope, David Wise, and new composers like Matt Griffin who are also really great.

My favorite levels are Frantic Fountains, Buzzsaw Falls, and Scareship Shootout, not necessarily in that order. Probably my only complaint is that there aren't any bosses except Capital B. Rampo from the first game comes back as an NPC, though. (You knock his teeth out again.)

Have y'all played this? What do you think?