View Single Post
Old 26th July 2008, 07:41 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
Why does the ice key start at 1/1 ice keys? I'm baffled there.
What SSj mentioned. You don't know you have 1/1 ice-keys because you would never see it collected until it was activated in the menu. That way, when you cold-swap, it would show up as 1/1 icekeys collected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDrag
We should try for the 2d image mod of each item here (non-global one). Btw, how does your 2d image mod work? I could never figure out how to get it going or where to do it.
There is an offset in the ASM code that points to the address of the actual 2d-image data in memory. The code I made just takes the last four bytes of the address to point to another offset for image data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyNicJr
All I can say is great work Rune, so do you think you could 'fully' activate the Ice Key Item? Would there be anything you could do with it or would it just be there, like the normal SNS Items?
I'm sure it's possible. It's just hard to do since the Ice-key isn't activated normally like the other items in the "Totals" menu are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
We should try for the 2d image mod of each item here (non-global one).
If you do a break-point read on the item-values, thats the best place to look for the image-mod. Basically it checks if the item value is greater than 0. If not, it will skip loading the image. If true, it will go ahead and load the image into the menu. I'll get you guys the ASM loop that does this by tommorow morning.

BTW, don't use the address for the golden bananas as they are constantly displayed in the menu. So a read of that address would constantly happen. Use the address for items like blueprints. Then try to load up the Totals menu and it should break on that address.

Last edited by runehero123; 26th July 2008 at 07:46 PM.