View Single Post
Old 16th October 2018, 04:51 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
@ just recently bumped an old thread called "The Worst Banjo-Kazooie Guide" and I found something interesting.

This scan shows a rendering of Mumbo Jumbo.
Here is a close-up of him.

This render of Mumbo Jumbo is the same one seen on the front of box, but what's different is that his left arm isn't cut off.
Never mind, I think it is cut off. I was probably looking at it wrong.

Anyways, since this thread is all about renders, I wanted to point out these old Jinjo and King Jingaling renders. The European/PAL covers have him and the Jinjos covered up with text, but the USA cover is a lot clearer (and they have more contrast).

Sad Jinjo with Honeycombs
King Jinagling and Sad Jinjo
Two flying Jinjos
Sad King Jingaling

I know this sounds silly, but I never actually looked at the spines for "Banjo-Kazooie", so I decided to take a quick look, and I found a Gruntilda render I've never seen before along with some level backgrounds.

Banjo and Kazooie in Freezeezy Peak
Gruntilda
Mumbo Jumbo and a Jinjo
A Jinjo in Gobi's Valley

I don't think I've seen that Mumbo Jumbo render either. It's hard to tell what pose he's making.
I don't think I've seen those crystals (in the Freezeezy Peak render) before either, because they're not in these other two promo images with snow in them.
Banjo and Kazooie in a generic snow setting
Banjo and Kazooie in Freezezzey Peak
I know the render with the crystals in them are from Freezeezy Peak because the plants match.

Edit: Boy, I'm just on a render kick right now aren't I? I've never seen the "Diddy Kong Racing" spines either.
Wizpig hiding behind a tree
Taj holding Balloons in what I assume is Timber's Island
Snowflake Mountain
Timber's Island

I checked "Super Mario Wiki' and found this render with Banjo in it.
Diddy Kong Racing Japan
I headed over to "DK Vine" and found this render I've never seen before. Not even "Super Mario Wiki" has it.
Chased by Smokey
Sorry for this huge post, but this kind of stuff fascinates me. I used to go on "DK Vine" all the time when I was younger and look at all of the old 3D renders. Shame "The Rare Witch Project" deleted its Wiki, I still have some images from when it was still running.

Last edited by TRBB; 16th October 2018 at 05:18 PM.