View Single Post
Old 21st March 2023, 02:17 AM
Satan

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I've been working pretty heavily in between work and school on a terminal-based poker game using C++ as the driving foundation of the project. It's pretty simple, but I'm learning a ton about data structures and OOP in doing such. Once it's finished, I definitely wanna take a crack and refactoring the entire thing and extracting the logic into a graphical, more serviceable version. Planning to use SDL2 as the graphics library (don't want to use a game engine just yet, I feel like actually building the thing from scratch using a multimedia library would be excellent for reinforcing learning)

The challenge I'm at right now is formulating good algorithm to get the bots to behave in a way that is "unique" but pseudo-intelligent. I already have the idea in my head that bots get randomly assigned a cleverness, aggressiveness, and carefulness stat that affects how ballsy they are, how willing to fold they are, and how well they can read their hand and other peoples' bets, however I do think it's going to boil down to high intelligence stats letting the bot "cheat" by getting a ranking of a player's hand, (kinda like them reading faces) maybe adding a "bluff" stat that gives away information if the bot's stat is low, and gives away false or no information sometimes if the bot's stat is high.