View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 01:29 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Hey now, let's not be too rough on the Koopalings. They're extremely popular, classic Mario bosses, and this is the first time they're playable in any game. Personally, I'm very glad to see them.

In any case, the horrible new characters wouldn't bother me as much if they hadn't replaced good characters like Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, and Birdo. There's no shortage of equally horrible characters they could have replaced instead, like Toadette and Baby Daisy.
If this was another Double Dash I wouldn't mind so much with the Koopalings, but it's not. The problem here is they take up a 4th of the roster. While in platformers the might bring variety to the table, here they will most likely all be the same weight class and therefore play entirely the same. It'd be the same thing if they add 7 more Yoshis or the entire Toad Brigade plus Toadsworth. If this was a team kart game it would work out, but I have no doubt now that I'll find entire races consisting of nothing but King Koopa and all of his kids.