View Single Post
Old 27th December 2010, 07:01 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post

It was a fun game, but I seriously cannot stand the shake = dash mechanic. I don't understand the lack of classic/GC controller support that would make doing dashes so much easier with a button press. I could never really grasp it, and died plenty of times because of it.

It was a nice game, no doubt, but it felt as though they were making the difficulty hard simply because they could, instead of putting in a curve.
Yeah, this is what personally irks me about every good new Wii game that's released. The controls being forced upon you, instead of letting you chose. Brawl let's me play with the Gamecube controller, so I play really well at it. I hate the slippery controls of the wiimote, and sometimes won't even finish, or buy a game because it's forcing me to use it for no reason.

Metroid Other M makes you hold the thing sideways, and use that small little control pad to move around, and it KILLS my hand to play that way. And I've died more in DKCR due to the controller than anything else, especially when he rolls when I tried to ground pound .