Thread: It's over
View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2007, 06:59 AM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Exclamation It's over

Everyone was on my side, but later on I wanted conflict and dumb claims on why this is fake. That's where the music comes in. Gold Jinjo (GGM SNS author), is an excellent author, and this was originally going to be used as proof. Although I noticed the music mistake myself, and decided to create conflict and laugh my ass off at the people who want to prove it fake by dumb theories. Although it's understandable why people would believe the music is fake, they don't understand the word 'beta' and 'unfinished'. This unleashed many theories about this whole thing being fake the very same kind of theories you see on the theory board. So I posted it intentionally knowing people would catch that mistake and begin to get skeptical. Afterwards, I got a good balance - believers and people who don't want to be made a fool so they try to prove it wrong without having actual proof. Enough proof could be gathered if a hacker looked deep inside the save state to prove this fake and put an end to this, and you all failed. Making guesses about why something is fake won't work here, for it never worked while trying to find the ultimate answer to Stop 'n' Swop.

http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snsbx8.png

Next was the last egg. Originally going to be the black egg, I requested it changed because the texture looked too similar to hatrick patrick's fake video. So Cyberen made me a silver egg, now to put it in the area was tricky for there were no Jiggies, but with a little brain power I managed to pull this off. First I took one of the green statues, changed it to the base egg and used the silver texture. I moved it to the empty space where the honey normally is. The problem was the counter, I wanted the audience to think I already collected all the statues, and with the counter there it would tell people I haven't, therefore people could think I replaced a statue. I simply removed the counter using renegade 64, and changed it to the egg counter (so there were technically two egg counters but both on top of each other but was difficult to tell.)

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ndmill3ac0.png

Finally, my personal favorite was the Conker part with the Stone key. Cyberen using Blender (a 3D program) modeled a windmill using textures gathered through screenshots of the beta video. After several days work it was completed, yet I wanted the key to not be fire - for that's what everyone was expecting, and I wanted to surprise people. Thus, the key made of stone was born. The reason for doing this in Conker was for people to believe that items could be possibly swapped beyond Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64.

Lastly, was to sit back and enjoy the posts through April fools day where people will debate with whatever crazy reasons whether this is fake or real. For this piece of entertainment, I didn't need to do anything. Mindless bickering between the users on whether it was fake or real kept me entertained. Instantly, people who thought it was fake came onto my side believing it was real, for one reason - not proof or evidence that this is fake, just the date. Therefore, a prank with even less evidence and more ridiculous could occur on October 1st and you would all believe it. Finding out if something is real or fake shouldn't stop on April first, because a prank can occur at any time.

http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ndmill4wk4.png

The people who thought it was fake (most were basing it on someone else's theory) aren't completely innocent themselves, for were using anything to attempt to disprove it. This kind of disproving can be used to prove that anything on Earth is fake, and it's not the best way to find answers. The best disproves were Banjo-Fella and Slaphappy, because they at least attempted to figure out exactly what was fake to put an end to this, not widely using ANYTHING to try to disprove it. This is sort of parallel to Stop 'n' Swop philosophers, for they try to use any sort of "evidence" to prove it's real. So the people who tried to prove this fake are no better than them, for you are using technically the same type of logic to prove something. To prove something, you need actual evidence, for anyone can say anything about anything. Most were just about "OMG ITS NEAR APRIL FOOLS", but the world doesn't stop spinning near or on April first does it? Any 'big discovery' done around this time would probably meet the same amount of criticism. Think about it, what if there was something real going on at this time? The finder would probably just leave due to the claims. Although I know Rare Witch has had a history of pranks, just don't be a dick about it and try to find something that can prove it fake instead of just saying "OMG ITS NEAR APRIL FOOLS" 100 times. Or better yet, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Well this is my final post here, and I sure hope you all learned something from this experience. I had fun doing this, and I'm sure lots of people had fun listening to my discoveries. Even though they were fake, they were still fake like the answer to Stop 'n' Swop, which people somewhat enjoy trying to find and will never happen because it doesn't exist. It's funny my post got more replies and views than the Banjo-Threeie announced topic. Hopefully my prank will change Rare Witch Project forever - in a good way, for it all attempted to teach you all something important. One day you'll all look back and laugh, because you'll live through it.

Goodbye

- Coolboyman

'NUF SAID!

Last edited by Coolboyman; 2nd April 2007 at 07:11 PM.