View Single Post
Old 17th September 2015, 10:51 PM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
Playing this a lot and proof finally that 99.999% of people who play video games definitely have no talent designing them
Well a lot of the people making levels are kids. I've played through way too many levels which were just the tutorial with very minor changes and some levels just random crap placed everywhere, as if the author closed his eyes and selected random objects and placed them at random locations. I'm also getting tired of automatic levels, the first few times were fun but after the 50th one the novelty wears off. The Kaizo stuff is a lot less fun without savestates as well. During the 100 Mario Challenge in Expert mode, If I encounter an invisible block or a death in the level that isn't my fault but the level's fault, I just skip it. I wish people would also polish their levels so it at least looks ascetically presentable. Having pipes not connected to anything is extremely lazy especially when it takes a second to fix.

The game's still new. People making crappy levels will get better and start uploading worthwhile stuff, while the bad levels will eventually get deleted from the servers. Give it a month or so.

Also if you encounter levels that you enjoy, encourage the author to make more by giving them a star. Even if it's not the best level you played, if you enjoy a level than I believe it deserves a star.

Last edited by Coolboyman; 17th September 2015 at 10:56 PM.