View Single Post
Old 29th September 2015, 08:29 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan257 View Post
My point of view on the Pokemon series is that it has evolved so much that I'm sure it's dying down outside of Japan because it is seen as a game for children (which we all know is not true, a lot of adults enjoy it). The last game I played was Y and I found it overwhelming. I prefer the simplistic Pokemon games from Generation 4 and back because it's not overly complicated and they really were well done. Even though the 3D effect is awesome, clothing, roller-skates and the fact that there is Internet connectivity on the Generation 6, I just couldn't relate to the game as much as I could with the others. I'd go back and play it just to fill the Pokedex and maybe see if it has aged well a few years down the track, but I don't think I'd want to restart it and play it again in a hurry. I just prefer the simplistic acts of going to different towns, battling trainers, learning about the story and grinding etc.

But don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon in general and the games won't put me off the series unless they are colossally shit, which probably won't happen. The movies and anime are great and I love the toys that are released for Pokemon.
I think the problem doesn't necessarily lie with that it's a game for kids, it's that the people who were kids in the early generation now simply aren't the target audience anymore. It's really only a very natural thing to slowly grow out of it as you yourself are growing up. Which is not to say it can't be fun anymore, it just won't be as magical as it was when you were a kid which is something you'll never be able to get back again other that through nostalgia.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ