View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:37 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Decided to hop into some Samurai Showdown. About a week ago, I played 26 matches and lost all of them, but that taught me a lot about the game. Every match I played since has been a victory -- that being two matches. My heart can only take one match against a real person at a time, I get real bad anxiety for some reason.

But I know how to play a fighting game, something I didn't think I had the dexterity to ever do. It helps that there isn't really a big combo game in Samsho, but it turns out you don't need Adderall dexterity to play fighting games. You can take your time with circle motions. I still am not consistent with them, but I'm consistent enough.

But I also know how to play a fighting game now in the sense that I know how to approach a combatant. You don't throw attacks out praying something sticks. You bait out an opponent's attack and then punish. Or punish for them not doing anything but guard. You just gotta learn what you can do to bait and what you can do to punish with the character you chose to play.

This video helped a lot in learning how to get into a fighting game and understanding that you don't need to be born with Fighting Game Genes to do so: