View Single Post
Old 17th June 2019, 06:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ View Post
To address exactly one point of your essay: I'm certain that making the Battlefield forms of stages didn't take many resources at all. It's just adding 3 platforms to every stage, in the exact same position every time. They probably got an intern to do it.
Well, maybe you're right. They sure did make a big deal about it though.
I guess by doing so, it made it sound like it was a much bigger task than it actually was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
They overall seem to have a very Japanese spin to their designs, and that just doesn't work with them. They look odd, somehow, next to all the other characters. Spiral Mountain looks...wrong, but I'm not knocking it.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. It was a little jarring seeing Banjo doing a victory/peace sign with his hand. Mario did that in "Super Mario 64" and, in an interview, Miyamoto said that he wanted Mario to quit doing that because he didn't want Mario 'to be known for doing the victory/peace sign with his hands' - it does feel like a very Japanese-like thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
that's why i don't think it's worth it to get mad at ultimate, a party/tournament game, for having little single player content. there are more singleplayer games out there than you'll ever play, and ultimate was made with the competitive player in mind. (for once!)
I'm less mad and more disappointed we couldn't have a good balance of both like we did in "Brawl." I mean, this game was developed for the Nintendo Switch so I expected more Co-op modes to return (Smash Run, Homerun Contest, Events, etc.) to make use of the two Joycons bundled in - not just have the modes out-right removed.

That's just something that will always bother me: the one thing I hate seeing more than bad games are decent or good games that had much greater potential of being an even better game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
Holy heck... TRBB, this is the first Banjo in a video game that we've had in over 10 years, not counting re-releases. I can understand being critical of the style it is done in (such as the NaB style), but everything they did in the trailer was paying homage to how Banjo used to be. Banjo being in Smash is great news, even if you don't like Smash. It means that Banjo is in something, which is great.
I agree, I love seeing Banjo & Kazooie back for the first time in 10 years. I'm even happier that Nintendo found a way to properly animate Banjo & Kazooie's character model. I knew they were going to use the classic design from the beginning, but part of me was thinking they'd just use the Nuts & Bolts design because Kazooie's neck is longer and it would've avoided her head clipping into things. Spiral Mountain looks fine, but I wished it looked a little bit better than what they showed. Hopefully they'll improve those ugly textures by the time autumn comes around. Anyways, I hope this is a sign of more Banjo games to come.