View Single Post
Old 14th October 2019, 07:53 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
the boards are condensed because it looks terrible when nobody has posted in a subforum for months
Agreed.

Quote:
ASFARASBANJOGOES
ACODETORESTOREHISROUNDNOSE

Quote:
i've always been curious how N&B had turned out if it'd been a remake of BK1 like they initially planned.
It wouldn't have aged well. The point of remake like that is to update the graphics, which if a B-K remake was made back in 2088 it would look outdated by this point. Nowadays I think it would be fine, as technology has basically reached the point where human eyes pretty much cannot discern the graphical improvements we keep making each console generation, so there's little concern of any game looking outdated later.

Quote:
considering that rare might not have the creative talent for a true banjo-threeie anymore, i'd be absolutely fine with a remake if done right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
I actually do think today's Rare could make a good Banjo-Threeie. The question is whether or not Microsoft will let them.
I think modern Rare is fine. They've just fallen into wanderlust as of late. I always say this, but as long as Rare still has Gregg Mayles, who pretty much is the one responsible for making Banjo-Kazooie what it is, at the helm, then I'm not really worried about a new Banjo game turning out good.

There's a question there however, about whether capturing the same magic of the old titles is even possible. Or whether Playtonic or some other company would do a better job of it.

Quote:
What do you want to see in Banjo-Threeie, by the way? I'd love to see the space world everyone was clamoring for since Tooie came out, a Chinese or Japanese world, and a world that's the magic school where Gruntilda studied. A parody of Hogwarts (Hagfarts? Are we too classy for that?).
Expect a reworked Weird West world that was cut from NaB. It'll be great, too. That kind of world style fits really well with the oddball goofiness and vague 'southern' vibe Banjo has.