View Single Post
Old 30th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Reminiscing about the RWP, eh? Well where else to start apart from talking about Lament.
lamentofgrunty, he was a fun little member wasn't he? I remember him first of all from back during my lurking days, sometime in 2005 whenever he first joined, and I remember how everyone slowly started to really hate him in time. Especially Andre and Minjo as I remember, those two had a really strong disliking to him at first if I remember correctly. Then I joined and I could see him myself properly. Posts just full of mistakes and nothing really good about him at all. And mariobob as well, his alt account, which for some reason he used at the exact same time as when he was Lament and nobody ever really questioned why he used two accounts seeing as everyone knew they were the same person.

Until finally, he was banned. And came back again as dingpot or something. And was banned again. And came back again as a fake rare employee. And repeat for a hundred times over. At least he was persistent and didn't give up. Oh and then the April Fools Joke 06. Nothing will ever top that one. Stop 'n' Swop solved, BrokeBack Dan, Wendy Turnips, Hi. I'm Controversy. And finally lament attacking the forums. I remember it being late one night and seeing the damage he was doing to the forums, heh and he banned Hakey who came back with one of his alt accounts. Half of those weren't made by him anyway were they? Until in the end SNS's secret revelation and lament was just Grey all along. The best played April Fools Joke ever that was. Had us all going and nothing can ever beat that one.

We've lost a few members of the years as well. First one comes to mind is Blue Breegull, waiting for the day when he'll return. One of my favourite members he was. Then others such as Kaz, vatican, upsilon and others. SubDrag wasn't here for a long time as well, I remember seeing him online was a rare occurrence. Oh and also way back to when Mandy became an admin officially and even Grey becoming an admin. To be honest at the time I thought they should have chosen Gold ;p

Ah well, fun times in this forum. Lots of memories both good and bad. And in the end lament failed again when he was allowed back into the forums and he'll always be remembered just for the fact the Grunty's Rejects are named after him. And now we get to the present and the forums are changing top be more bigger or something like that. And blah blah Tanjo's blog here. Back then was the glory days of the RWP from what I know, 2005 to 2006. The second of the RWP glory days the first probably being the Snitz but that's for someone else to talk about. Anyway, happy days

FUN FACT: I nominated lament as one of the "favourite departed members" in the awards. He was fun you've gotta admit, and everywhere needs someone like him to make things more interesting