View Single Post
Old 1st July 2008, 01:31 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I started writing this, and couldn't decide on a topic. So I'm gonna talk about everything.

I joined here in October '05, and I'm surprised that I'm still here. It was amazing to me, a shy 10-year-old at the time, that I was so accepted here, a community of people who were mostly older than me. And it was pretty awesome. "A place to talk about Banjo-Kazooie? I didn't think anyone besides me even knows what that is!" was probably close to what I was thinking when I first saw the RWP.

And Lament. He was...interesting. I remember when someone found his MySpace page, and everyone put it in their signatures, including me. He tried to destroy the forums with spamming and flames. And then he was banned, and the RWP rejoiced. The End. Wait, that's not right. He made tons of alternate accounts, and (kind of) came back during April Fools' Day '06. Best April Fools' Day evar. It was just pulled off so well, and fooled just about everyone.

Alliance v2.0. I'll always remember that. And I'll admit I was a member of it for awhile. In retrospect, it seems like a pretty pointless cause, and really all it did was disrupt the community (RWP Civil War, amirite?).

And there's always something going on here, from theories to games to drama. Mostly drama, though. This place is pretty much 24/7 E-Drama Central. You can't spell RWP without drama! Drama and the RWP go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Okay, I'll stop.)

But what I love about this crazy place the most is that, no matter what happens, no matter who leaves, no matter what is revealed, the RWP is always able to pull itself back together.

The RWP is by far my favorite place on the internet, and it's all thanks to you guys. I can't believe I'm still here, on one of the most intelligent, funny, and all around best forums in this series of tubes we call the internet.