View Single Post
Old 1st July 2008, 06:27 AM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Let's see now...

I joined back in August of 2001 when I was 15 years old. I think I found searching for help with Banjo-Tooie, possibly help with Canary Mary. I didn't own Banjo-Kazooie at the time, but after I joined the forums, that quickly changed.

The RWP was my first message board experience ever. I knew very little about the internet at the time, and was totally ignorant netspeak as simple as lol. Back then, I mainly used the BK forums. I didn't go in Anything Goes very much, I didn't know what anime was, I had no interest in the Pokemon forum, didn't know anything about gamesharking etc. Everyone was obsessed with SnS at the time, and we were all looking for the smallest clues. There were topics that ranged from beak bombing the eye of Grunty's lair to trying to figure out the words on Blackeye's hat.

Eventually all of the SnS topics got to be too much for certain moderators, and the ban on SnS was enacted. This caused Grey Jinjo to form the alliance. My memory about all of this is fuzzy, but for some reason I thought it would be fun to be on both sides. I joined the alliance as John, and then created the Ghost Jinjo account and used it to post Darth Vader-esque messages about "crushing the alliance." At one point I was in an alliance AIM chat as both names, and joined in as everyone was trying to convince Ghost Jinjo to join the alliance. I was really lame back then. XD

It's hard for me to believe that I was only at the Snitz a few months before it was replaced by the UBB. It seemed a lot longer than that. I got into the ongoing story scene at the end of the Snitz, but most of the ones I joined were on the UBB. I went through several different RPGs along with Ice Key Hunter, Boggy Bear, Blue Breegull, cyberen, and later on Rhunter. These continued through to the beginning of the vBulletin.

Anyway, at the vBulletin I tried my hand at making a RWP comic, but it turned out to be harder than I expected, and it died after one page. Another thing I remember is the hilarious vBulletin April Fools joke about Lament taking over the forums. Everyone was making alts and posting ridiculous things. Shortly after that event, I started posting less and even went for long stretches where I didn't post at all.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. This is getting to be too long.

Last edited by John; 1st July 2008 at 06:30 AM.