View Single Post
Old 6th July 2019, 08:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy last time I was here.
I just really hope the properly polish the stage and models by the time it releases in Autumn.

One reason I'm so critical about video games is because I'm passionate about them. I feel like "Super Smash Bros." has lost it's appeal of being an 'accessible fighting game for Players who don't play fighting games' type of game, especially now that every character has an unnecessary gimmick or meter tied to them.

I'm going to post everything I DO like about "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate":
Updated graphics to returning stages look nice (but they did cheap out on the N64 stages).
Actual changes to the gameplay (directional dodging, parries, ladder attacks, etc.).
Sudden Death removes the random Bob-Ombs and the Blast Zone [camera] now zooms in.
Pick the Rules (from a custom pre-set list) first, then the Stage, and then the Fighters.
Stamina is now grouped together with Time and Stock instead of being under Special Smash.
Songs are no longer tied to specific stages and are instead grouped together by series.
Create playlists and listen to music while the Nintendo Switch is in sleep mode (like Smash 3DS).
All 100+ stages are 8 Player compatible instead of only half of them being 8 Player compatible.
Stage hazards can now finally be turned off.
Custom Moves being removed makes the game a bit more accessible for newcomers.
The Final Smash Meter and Stage Morph options are excellent additions.
Classic Mode difficulty slider now moves up if you succeed (instead of just going down).
Squad Strike, Offline Tournaments, Smash Down are great modes (Training Mode is better too).
Have the ability to edit Replay Videos (changing the camera angle, zooming in/out, etc.).

Anyways, back to Banjo and Kazooie: I've never really analyzed their design until our conversation in this thread, but I guess Banjo has always looked a little off. First off, his head was always too big, I just never noticed it until now.
He looks like amusement park mascot.
Just like Sonic, Banjo does not good from the front - he's always looked better from the side or from a profile view.
Banjo looks much worse than Sonic from the front.
Both characters are directly based off their Nintendo 64 renders, I get it, but I will miss Kazooie's tom-boyish mohawk she had in "Banjo-Kazooie: Nut & Bolts".
Even Rare updated her design in the cancelled "Banjo X" game.

Speaking of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, am I the only one doesn't hate their redesign?
Maybe it's just me, but I saw it as a 'highschool reunion' type of look; like you meet someone you haven't seen in years - even though they look completely different (while still retaining the same features), you recognize them instantly.
It'd be nice if we got choose which look they had in Smash, if not just to see Robo-Banjo again.