View Single Post
Old 25th July 2008, 02:33 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan yoshi
Looked just like a text change to me...
Its nothing like a text change. All that would be is taking text values and replacing them with some other text. Like the ice-keys. The thing is, if it was only a text change the ice-key wouldn't show 1/1 collected.

With those values ssj showed, they are just different menu ID's for different text and items that are displayed elsewhere in the menu. The value I provided 0x0008 will display the Icekey menu item on the screen.

SSj, I'm going to try and get more than just an image mod for the ice-key. I want to use ASM to try and fully activate the Ice-key in the menu. Not just it's image.

From looking further with the asm it seems like there is an op-code(command) that adds the value 0x0001 to R0(always 0x0000) and stores it to the ice-key amount address during that screen I showed in the first post.

My theory is that, you always have 1/1 ice-keys but you need to swap the ice-key flag from bk in order to activate it in the menu. So figuring out how the menu activates other items (aka golden bananas, battle crowns) in the menu through ASM should lead me to this information.

[Edit] SUBDRAG, the "have everything unlocked" code is provided in the Project: 64 1.6 cheat menu. Just grab the have golden bananas or whatever for Dk64. I haven't seen a code that unlocks everything though..

Last edited by runehero123; 25th July 2008 at 03:04 AM.