View Single Post
Old 17th March 2007, 02:27 AM
Jinjo

Is there anyway to alter the color of the egg in BK, other than location? I would think there would have to be, unless the game considers each slot in the menu to be it's on location, and those codes hacked in the first big topic hatrickpatrick made just tell the egg to show up in a specific slot, whereas the slot tells the egg what color to be.

The eggs received in BT are recorded different than they are in BK, right? By a counter, right? If that's true, and my memory serves me correctly, the game tells you how many eggs you have, while it keeps track of which eggs you have. IIRC, though the base egg exists, the eggs you pick up don't use it, and instead operate as their own object/image.

If I'm remembering about the counter correctly, that could mean that originally, they did plan to have several eggs in possession at once, perhaps more than one single status screen could hold, and the SNS eggs were extra eggs on top of the ones planned to be in the game. Heck, that even makes the base egg more logical from a development stand point. Having a base egg for such a small amount of eggs never seemed to make sense to me, but if there were going to be a larger amount of eggs later on, it does seem useful to not really separate them, but rather apply a new color depending on location or other identifiers than the egg itself.