View Single Post
Old 29th September 2015, 09:38 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan257 View Post
Each game has a different impact on the player depending on if it's your first or most recent in my opinion. As it's so late in the series (at the moment), most people have played a game before Black & White. So it comes naturally for them to choose Pokemon who can counter the different types and have a certain set of moves, rather than going in blindly on R/B, G/S/C, R/S/E etc. where you have no knowledge about the game and it's more exciting. You learn by making the right and wrong choices rather than just the correct ones in the newer games.

It's a lot more fun when you have no idea what's going to happen than knowing that after you complete all 8 gyms, you have to fight against the greatest Pokemon trainers in that region.
actually I kinda did this with Black and White.

Upon the games upcoming release, knowing it would have only original pokémon in it, I gave myself a news embargo that held up surprisingly well. I went into playing White without knowing just about anything about the games and it made playing it SO GOOD.

I think a big part of why new Pokémon games are less awesome is because everything and their Pokémothers are leaked about the games before they release (in the west), so the games become more about looking for the things you already know than discovery and wonder. This to me is why Black/White will always hold a really high spot on my list of favourite Pokémon games because I had that sense of discovery once more that I hadn't really felt since the original games came out.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ