View Single Post
Old 30th October 2008, 10:54 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Exclamation Fungi Forest Song in Banjo-Kazooie! (Imported)

After parsing BK's music files for the past week, I am able to determine that BK's and DK64's(mainly thanks to CBM for checking DK64's format ) music formats are the same. What does this mean?

It means you are able to swap the music files between Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 with little to no editing. The only thing you usually need to edit are the instruments (since BK's instruments are different of course.). As an example, I've replaced the Spiral Mountain music file with something we've been waiting to hear for a long time(In BK). Fungi Forest!

I thought it would be the best place to start since Fungus Forest was in BK originally. The instruments weren't perfect when I imported the file, but I fixed it up a bit. Sounds pretty decent. However, I'll let you decide. Oh, and of course I've provided a patch file(see attachment) assuming you know how to use one . If not, there are simple instructions in the zip file.

Also, I made a video for people who don't have time to download and test the patch themselves. Just know that it's not the best quality :/ .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f30YCFugogw

I'm also working on parsing the "midi event" data so we can import midi files. Not exactly sure how long that is going to take.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BKFungus.zip (5.6 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by runehero123; 30th October 2008 at 11:11 PM.