View Single Post
Old 26th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo View Post
Also, I was not as big on Rambi's segments. I mean, I enjoyed the segments themselves; however, I liked how in the original games he was just there. You could conceivably play through entire stages without noticing he was even hidden away in them. If you did find him though, the stage tended to be easier and you could access additional secrets that you could not before. In this game, you basically NEED Rambi. Instead of it being a stage with Rambi in it, it is a Rambi-focused stage. Seems like a cheap way of making each stage its own gimmick like mentioned before.
Interesting... I like the way they handled Rambi for the exact reason you disliked it.

Rambi was great back in the day and all that, but other than helping you find the odd bonus stage here and there, he was an entirely superfluous presence. This time, you really feel his animal power, man. I love running around like a drunken cannonball, knocking out all in my path, wrecking up walls and stuff. And the fact that having him around is crucial is incentive to keep him around. If you lose him in Smokey Peak, for instance, you're shit out of luck; either go back to the beginning of the stage / checkpoint or kill yourself and try again. Challenge. Keeps you on your toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
I like the music, but eh. I'd say it needs less remixes and more of the music needs to feel like Tidal Terror.
That's funny because the Tidal Terror music is a remix of Northern Hemispheres.

And speaking of music, there's no Slipslide Ride remix! Color me pissed off.