View Single Post
Old 11th April 2016, 04:04 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I obviously have no real skin in the game because as I've said once or twice around here, I'm not a player of the 3D Zelda games. However, I always find it strange that people have such strong opinions about things like this, or other inconsequential design choices. The new Zelda game will presumably stand on it's own, and it's not like it will affect the other games in the franchise that only have Link as a player option. (Who is named by you anyway, if I'm not mistaken?) It's not like there was an uproar when Pokemon Crystal added a female option. Although I know that Ethan is a very well developed character. (Yes, apparently that is the protagonist in Gold / Silver.)

Now, it's fair that Link is a bit different and of more importance than a Pokemon default name, but it's not like this stuff doesn't change in each game anyway. Hyrule has had multiple maps and will again. A new Zelda game having either a choice between male or female is really just as meaningless to you the player as what name you chose to give Link in previous games. If it gives me more options as a player, I think it's ok.