View Single Post
Old 26th July 2008, 08:37 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mxyzptlk View Post
But it's a shame so few people know about the DK64 SNS remnants, even though it may have been intended to be the real SNS in the first place.
Seeing as Banjo-Tooie was originally intended to be a 64DD game, that possibilty seems highly likely, as the game beng on a disc would render hot-swapping useless as BK and BT could both be running at the same time.

I do wonder if there's any "strange" walls in Crystal Caverns? Sure they may have removed a door, but there might be an inset or a path leading to seemingly nowhere (unless they had a LOT of time on their hands to do some mass changes to the map design or the door was on a flat section of wall or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere View Post
Whoa, sweet! A find!

Question: Does Cold Swapping BK and BK64 actually do anything?
No. The whole reason SNS was cancelled is apparently due to revisions made to the N64 before release. There would have originally been 10 seconds to swop the games, but the changes leaves only 1 second. Not only is it impossible, but Banjo-Tooie wouldn't receive much in the way of data (if any) even if someone somehow managed to do it, as the feature had been pretty much scrapped at that point and the items had their functionality changed.

EDIT: I looked a little carefully and I think you meant DK64 instead of BK64 there. But anyway, it still wouldn't do much either.

Last edited by .:Alex:.; 27th July 2008 at 06:48 PM.