View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2022, 02:13 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Trying to make a game in SRPG Studio, mostly using the engine's default mechanics.
Outside of the player character, all party members are enemy units that have been recruited. The weapon triangle from Fire Emblem is retained - sword beats axe, axe beats lance, lance beats sword.

There are three elements in the magic category - fire ice and thunder. No element is inherently weak or resistant to another element. Instead, elemental affinities is specific to each unit. And some units may be resistant to physical but weak to magic and vice-versa.

There are two additional elements, holy and death. For the most part, units are either of light alignment or dark alignment, meaning they have a chance to be instantly killed by magic of the opposite alignment.

All of this you can do with the engine's basics, but there is something scripting related I'd have to figure out. In SRPGs like Fire Emblem, a unit will perform a follow up attack in battle if their speed stat is greater to a significant degree than the targets. I want to make it so that hitting a weakness flags a follow-up attack.

I'm mashing Fire Emblem and SMT together, is what I'm doing.