View Single Post
Old 4th February 2011, 12:01 AM
Mingy Jonjo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Fanmade Mario Game Maker Game

"Fun with the Koopa Klown Kar"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ENO22HG

In this game, Mario and Luigi are in the Koopa Klown Kar but Bowser has stolen their 1-Up Mushrooms. It's up to them to get the Mushrooms back. The enemies involve still-standing enemies with ropes of projectiles aiming towards you. My friends who playtested the game found this highly addictive and challenging, even with the crappy Game Maker design.

The goal of this game is to reach the 1-Up Mushroom on every map and avoid the enemies' projectiles. One of the main gameplay elements are gems. These things aren't collectibles, instead they form walls that block your path. There are four types of gem-walls- red, blue, green, and yellow. Fortunately, there are switches in the level for each color that remove these gem-walls to let you progress.

Yeah, the gameplay has basically no Mario elements at all bar the sprites and music.

Reminded of this game by Game Maker mentions in the "Gruntling locks good threads" game thread. This game is what I spent most of my time making during workshops at computer camp last summer in July. It is my "July 2010 lovechild". There's 32 levels of fun, I believe, with a final boss at the end. There's also music you can listen to. Hints/tips are in the window bar at the top, if you can't see it I'll try to do something about it.

CONTROLS

Arrow Keys: Move the Klown Kar

WASD: Control a spaceship that appears in certain levels- you'll know it when you see it (not the UFO).

ENTER: An alternative to pressing "YES" on certain question popups

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8: Select Music

U: Stop music

Y: One last song, if you know where it's from you get a cookie

And if you really want to cheat, you can use my tool:
Spoiler: (highlight to view)

Press Numpad 0 or Insert to completely neutralize all enemies

Anyone who is crazy enough to get to and beat the final boss will receive my utmost respect. In fact, anyone who even bothers to download and give the game a shot will receive my utmost gratitude.