Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 15th November 2018, 01:26 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I picked up that Starlink: Battle for Atlas game for Switch. Mind you, I'm one of the poor saps that pre-ordered from Best Buy and somehow ended up with the Arwing toys and stuff and... no game? Ubisoft customer support was helpful, though- gave me a digital copy of the game and then mailed me a physical one a week later. So, that was okay.

Like most people I imagine (since it sounded like vast majority of sales of the game were on Switch) I'm pretty much only playing as Fox, and it's neat! He's really included in the story with full dialogue and conversations (voice by the actor from Star Fox 64, even, after being brought back for 64 3D, Zero, and Smash Wii U/3DS and Ultimate), and the rest of Star Fox team joins in, too. I haven't played too much of it, but I worry it's going to get a little repetitive- fly here, destroy these enemies, pick up material, fly somewhere else, repeat. My biggest issue, though, is that I keep trying to play it like a Star Fox game and it very much isn't. I expect it to control like all-range mode and it doesn't, haha- controls are different, though you can still pull off some of the typical abilities (the boost, the barrel roll, you can manually somersault, etc). You kind of have to switch weapons to different elemental types to take down different enemies effectively. I tried to remove all the attachable weapons and keep the typical Arwing twin blaster upgrade like in the main games, but it didn't work out too well.. Still, for what it is so far, it's not bad, and I guess Fox gets his own little side story about tracking down Wolf, which is neat. The physical Arwing model itself is really nice quality, and I appreciate that.

Old 15th November 2018, 06:48 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
All the stuff they crammed into Red Dead 2 and somehow the most impressive thing to me as of yet was a wild opossum that managed to get away from me by literally playing possum and then running into the bushes

Also I'm starting a new playthrough of Mario RPG on my SNES classic since I never got around to beating it, or even getting halfway through it really

Old 16th November 2018, 09:37 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

I accidentally spent 6 hours in this game yesterday and it's hilarious so far. SPONTANEOUS BOOTAY

Red Dead Redemption 2

I started this the other day. I have maybe 3 or 4 hours in it. I'm overwhelmed with all the things I can do. So much that I haven't had the desire to actually pick it up. I've been meaning to get back on it and will do it later. The opening was so good. I've been around Valentine just doing odds and ends things but I should really get back into the story.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Switch)

Yep. Still playing this. Put maybe 5 hours in the other night, 2 hours in last night. Still a great game, still addictive, though I'm more interested in using exploits in it so that's what I've been doing, but it's been fun.

Old 25th November 2018, 04:34 AM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is awful. I love the original releases, but these "remasters" just lack the charm at best, and actively maker the experience worse at worst. It's going to most likely be the first game I sell to Gamestop this console generation.

Old 26th November 2018, 09:40 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Bought Killer7 on Steam last night after missing out on it back in the GC era. Seven hours later and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Absolutely LOVE its surrealism and overall style, plus once I got used to them the controls are good enough with the Steam controller.

Old 28th November 2018, 03:50 AM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
Bought Killer7 on Steam last night after missing out on it back in the GC era. Seven hours later and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Absolutely LOVE its surrealism and overall style, plus once I got used to them the controls are good enough with the Steam controller.
(deep, exaggerated inhale) *whispers* It's fukcen good.

Spoiler:
Are you really sure? Yes, I'm sure Clicking this link will show a major spoiler. Don't do it if you don't want to know! Show Me!

Last edited by pastiche; 28th November 2018 at 03:54 AM.

Old 2nd December 2018, 11:09 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been playing the Metroid Prime trilogy lately. Finished 1 Saturday and now I'm going through 2. These are neat games but I get lost more often than I do in the sidescrolling Metroids.

Old 3rd December 2018, 07:54 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I've been replaying La-Mulana 2 on hard mode. It's still my GOTY for 2018. I discovered a bunch of alternate paths and solutions I didn't find on my first playthrough. Also been playing htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary. It's a puzzle game where you play as some fireflies who have to guide a loli through Black Mesa. It reminds me a lot of Limbo, except you don't control the character directly. There's also no black silhouette artstyle to cover up falling into sawblades.
I'll be working when Smash comes out, unfortunately.

Old 3rd December 2018, 10:06 PM

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
(deep, exaggerated inhale) *whispers* It's fukcen good.

Spoiler:
Are you really sure? Yes, I'm sure Clicking this link will show a major spoiler. Don't do it if you don't want to know! Show Me!
God I ****ing hate the egg-laying Smiles. Couple two of those with the rolling ones at the same time and -

Spoiler:

Old 6th December 2018, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Just, um, Garfield on Atari 2600. The sooner this year is over, the better.

Old 6th December 2018, 02:19 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
god i hate mondays

Old 8th December 2018, 04:06 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I've always wanted to make a repro cart of Ocarina of Time randomized. I'd hack the title screen and put a label on the cart that says "Beefumbo's Journey" or something, and then I'd sneak it in an eBay auction with some other N64 games. I'll google the fake name every so often to see if it ever winds up on Lost Levels forums as some mystery lost N64 game. Also I'm playing Smash.

Old 8th December 2018, 04:51 PM

Picked up Katamari Damacy REROLL on the Switch since I don't think I'm in that much of a rush to pick up Smash just yet. So far Katamari's controls are taking some time to get used to but it's just as fun as I remember it being.

Old 9th December 2018, 07:39 AM
Glowbo

Returned back to Midnight Club 2, one of the first PC games I ever played and I've been having a blast

Old 11th December 2018, 03:19 AM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
World of Light is Smash Ultimate is Event mode stretched so thin it's full of holes. I hate it but will play it to completion because there is clearly something wrong with me.

Also Fortnite Season 7 is good.

User Tag List