Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 7th January 2022, 12:43 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I really like how open the late game of FF6 is. You’re free to explore the world, which I like in JRPGs. If you ever get the chance to play it again, I recommend it.

I’ve played a bit of Spelunky 1, but haven’t played the sequel. Sounds like a good co-op game though.

Old 7th January 2022, 01:49 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
If you like big explorable jrpgs, I recommend giving SMTV a shot. It's not as open as something like botw, but the stratums open a lot of exploration. Also there's koroks

here is what the fourth stratum looks like thus far in my save

Last edited by Solid Snix; 7th January 2022 at 02:34 PM.

Old 7th January 2022, 04:52 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
My sibling got me SMTV for Christmas! I’ve played about an hour or two of it so far. It looks really good, but I want to finish FF6 before really getting into it. That is definitely a big map.

Old 8th January 2022, 04:10 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

i am become invincible

Old 10th January 2022, 01:39 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

got high and suddenly I had been playing pokemon yellow on pokemon stadium on n64 for hours.

Old 10th January 2022, 07:29 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
i replayed the whoe bungie series of halo over the past two weeks excepting halo 1 that i replayed a year ago. the mcc pc ports are good. halo 2 is worse than i remember. i dont like reach or odst very much but halo 3 is still cool

have been putting senran kagura 2 on hold but it's better than senran kagura burst

replaying bastion

started the witness but i dont really like it

got back to reading subarashiki hibi

replayed binary domain. still one of the best third person shooters of the 7th gen

played through all of armed & dangerous yesterday. hated it, incredibly unfunny game and one of the worst 6th gen third person shooters i've ever played, would absolutely never rec it when stuff like metal arms existed in the same console era. that game is much funnier and has way better shooting and level design

started racing lagoon but i need time to adjust myself to it

started azure dreams but i'm playing it in japanese and my japanese is still rusty so i'm going slow

Last edited by The Colonel; 10th January 2022 at 07:32 AM.

Old 11th January 2022, 04:37 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 11th January 2022, 06:44 AM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I got my VR set back up and played some Beat Saber.

I wanna try to do a couple songs every day. It's decent cardio, and fun.

Old 11th January 2022, 07:06 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
halo 2 is worse than i remember
In what ways is it worse than you remember?

Old 12th January 2022, 12:13 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Finished Firewatch for the first game I've completed this year. I had watched a playthrough from...I think Sips aaaages ago when it came out, so it was good to finally play it myself. One of the few 'walking simulator' type games that I actually enjoyed.

Also been playing Monster Rancher DX. I started with the second game as a kid, so all my nostalgia is for that, and I had only gotten MR1 years after, so I decided to start off playing it first. My first monster is a Jell x Suezo that I decided to make an INT/SPD build of (without looking up if that was even a good decision) He's just over 3 years and is S rank so far, not sure how much longer he has but he should at least be able to beat S. Gonna just raise Monsters off of bands that I like - this first one was from Tally Hall -Marvin's Marvelous Mechanic Museum, thus he was named Marvin.

Last edited by DementedSun; 13th January 2022 at 01:44 AM.

Old 14th January 2022, 05:45 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew 101 View Post
In what ways is it worse than you remember?
the level design is inconsistent and the game is visibly half finished. the first half is solid, outskirts and delta halo are some of the best levels in the trilogy, but you start getting levels like quarantine zone and it's lots of incredibly repetitive environments which coupled with the huge size of them doubles how tedious it all feels. gravemind and high charity feel like they're repeating the same template of four rooms like three times in a row and it gets mind numbing. when they're not doing that, they're pulling the exciting level design trick of putting you on a big elevator, and making you shoot flood on a big elevator, for five minutes, with bad checkpoints that send you back to the start of the elevator if you die. plus all of the boss fights are the same brand of damage sponge, regret is annoying but not the absolute worst but the heretic is miserable and tartarus is just boring. the game's balance is also weirdly janky, its heroic difficulty feels as hard as halo 3's legendary

you can tell the game is really unfinished also cause despite being the longest of the original trilogy, not only does the level design quality drop off so hard but there's an entire unfinished and unused boss enemy and they had to cut the game's entire unique warthog run, which as it exists in the files is somehow more basic and repetitive than halo 1's still and feels entirely made up of those inbetween sequences of the warthog run from halo 3. halo 2 is a paradox of having a more established basis for making halo and being much longer than its surrounding games without having the crazy dev cycle halo 1 had, but it also gets much more exhausting than halo 1 or 3 and does not fix any of halo 1's problems while introducing its own

Last edited by The Colonel; 14th January 2022 at 05:47 AM.

Old 14th January 2022, 07:33 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been pretty consistently going back to Animal Crossing since October and then especially the November 2.0 update. I've sort of exhausted everything I hope to do after re-terraforming the island again, but I keep hopping on hoping to find that one piece of furniture I need for my theme (a pile of bones from a skeleton) and that one DIY card I also need (a ruined broken column covered in vines- I found the ruined gate and non-broken column but).

Been playing Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance through the Advance collection. Only one of the four games I hadn't really played before and authentic carts are SUPER expensive now. Thank god I got the other GBA and DS games years ago when I did.

Old 16th January 2022, 02:00 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I officially have every single spirit in Smash Bros. Ultimate as of last night, including Evil Ryu. A gaming experience for the ages, that was. The only thing left to do now is 9.9 every character's classic mode and get every character into Elite Smash (if I can muster the energy, which I probably won't).

Next up... I could finish A Hat in Time but I'm honestly not really feeling that game. Maybe I'll give Breath of the Wild another go. I never finished that because I thought it was really slow and boring and has basically no progression, but I've been watching Korok-finding videos on YouTube and I think I'm ready to try again.

Old 22nd January 2022, 09:12 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
taught myself how to record snes9x frame movies with save states and frame advance. made a short half-tas in the pal version, from ceres to just after bomb torizo.

this will be my weekend entertainment: a pseudotas for ntsc any%, to practice each room in real time as many times as i want but without slowdown or frame advance. just as many takes as i want per room. this should both provide me with a lot of practice and a goal to reach for rta speedruns.

edit: gonna take a lot more than one weekend to do it but i am practicing

Last edited by neen; 26th January 2022 at 08:25 AM.

Old 24th January 2022, 03:04 AM
Formerly itmightbenayib

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! Mystery Three Mystery Two Chatterbox RWP Podcast 
I spent all weekend playing Rainbow Six Siege and it felt good.

User Tag List