Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

View Poll Results: Do you think Rare should make a BK:NB demo?
Yes - It would be the perfect way of getting the idea across to us. 31 44.29%
Yes - I just can't wait 6 months to play it! 9 12.86%
No - Let it be a surprise. 30 42.86%
No - I've already decided I'm not going to buy it. 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th May 2008, 01:25 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
But the point is you want one, right?
No, because my money is already there as soon as it shows up for preorder.

Old 15th May 2008, 01:31 AM
B-K Nostalgia

Before I knew the details on 'Nuts and Bolts', I would have said no. I would have been strongly against a demo for the sake of maintaining some mystery, magic and surprise.

But now, I think differently. With a game-play mechanic that has so much potential and so much risk, you really need to be strategic in your marketing and the way your introduce it to the public.

It's kind of an overwhelming concept, or a strange one at least. People who pick up the box and read it, or even just watch videos, may not be swayed. They need to tinker with the creative possibilities Rare is handing over to you, first hand. I think that's what could really move copies of these games off store shelves ...

Old 15th May 2008, 02:28 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
for personal reasons, yes, I want a demo released because I'm impatient and want to play it right now! lol

but for sales reasons I think that it'd be best to wait until at least two months or less before the game is released. That way no one completely forgets about it from playing the demo five months in advance.

Old 15th May 2008, 02:32 AM

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
No they should't. So many people are whining about it going to suck. If they released it and people still said it sucked they might cancel it, then there's no more Banjo.
It would be smarter for IGN to play a demo, release a preview saying how great the game is, then just release the game.

Also, surprise please!

Old 15th May 2008, 02:33 AM
B-K Nostalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueytheWalrus View Post
No they should't. So many people are whining about it going to suck. If they released it and people still said it sucked they might cancel it, then there's no more Banjo.
This wouldn't happen.

And when I supported the idea of a demo, I didn't mean one right now. Closer to release, yeah. Demos are never usually released months in advance anyway.

And no editor has said that the vehicle building is cumbersome or awful or anything. They all love it. It looks fun. They could make a great demo and convince a lot of the people who are sitting on the fence.

Old 15th May 2008, 02:35 AM
Jinjo

I think RARE is right when they said its a bad idea to show lots of gameplay videos really early because when you buy the game, it'll feel like you already did everything

So I think they should release gamepaly videos now and then, not to much though, just a little...and some conecpt art to keep us busy =D

Old 15th May 2008, 04:03 AM
Grunty's Reject

if they release a demo then 30% of the persons might say
"WE DOEN'T LIKe'S THIS'S GAME'S Let'S NOT'S BUY'S IT'S"
Then Rare might loose money and must go on welfare unemployment benefit society (fund)
And they will die slowely and painfully!

Thats why i say and Rare say: We/don't Release a demo cause it will ruin us/Rare!

You know rare Have not made a good game since 2001's conker!

Old 15th May 2008, 08:32 AM
B-K Nostalgia

I've read so many comments by people who have a casual interest in this game and are dismissing it as a racer, or assuming it'll be awful simply because of Rare's over exaggerated 'bad' track record.

These are the type of people who - since they can't be arsed to read up on the game in-between leaving uninformed YouTube comments - need to try the thing out.

Old 15th May 2008, 08:49 AM
Jinjo

The experience won't be the same if you play the game before it is actually released. I say let the game be until it releases.

Old 15th May 2008, 06:12 PM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
But the point is you want one, right?
OFCOURSE

Old 15th May 2008, 06:19 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
That's up to Rare. I chose "Yes - I just can't wait 6 months to play it!" seeing as I already get the idea of the game.

Old 15th May 2008, 06:45 PM
Jinjo

Random Award 
I think it would benefit for rare to put up a demo.... but I also think it might be a bit to early to put a demo yet (as much as it hurts to say it.). Maybe in a couple of months time.

Tags
banjo-kazooie, bk:nb, demo, nuts & bolts

User Tag List