Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 21st August 2018, 02:26 PM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I like how to show game footage they had to project it on a wall and then film it from Dutch angles to make it double exciting

Last edited by pastiche; 21st August 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Old 22nd August 2018, 02:15 PM
a quiche

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
Breath of Fire (SNES, 1993)

so this is capcom's first entry in the role-playing video game subgenre...i'm not sure why i decided to play this, but i've put a handful of hours into it now and it's pretty cool - nothing is particularly unique or incredible, but it feels really nice to exist inside and has pretty sweet music and attention to detail
I felt like, the same exact way about it when I first played it--also for a handful of hours, but on an SNES emulator on my tablet. I keep saying I want to go back to it but it's been a few years now.

Old 22nd August 2018, 04:19 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Never played BoF 1, but BoF2 is great.

I’m torn whether I should start a file of Final Fantasy 4, Xenoblade X, or Dark Cloud when I get home.

Old 22nd August 2018, 10:46 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I got the original Metal Gear Solid on PSX several years ago for 20 bucks and only just started to play it as of the other day. Wow! Controls are taking me a while to adjust to but I'm really glad I decided to finally play it. Just got done with the first torture scene and it still feels like I'm not even halfway through yet.

Only issue will be getting copies of the other games. What's the best way to get these games? I've seen there are a couple collections and bundles of the games but is it a similar case to the Silent Hill collections that were nearly unplayable?

Old 23rd August 2018, 02:33 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ View Post
From what I hear, the ports are fine.

Legacy Collection is probably the way to go if you have a PS3

yes this. If you wanna play in release order, peace walker came out after 4.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 23rd August 2018 at 02:36 AM.

Old 23rd August 2018, 04:31 PM

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ View Post
From what I hear, the ports are fine.

Legacy Collection is probably the way to go if you have a PS3

Ah, great to hear. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
however you end up acquiring them, i highly suggest playing mgs2 asap

i replayed a few months ago and it reaffirmed itself as one of my favorite games ever, i think you'll really like it too
I'm happy to hear/read this. I had a friend let me borrow 2 and 3 back in high school and I went to play them only to discover my PS2 is dead. Guess I'll have to find a PS3 for a decent price somewhere, but at least now I'll be able to catch up on all the games for it that I missed out on.

Old 23rd August 2018, 10:44 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
I dunno if you intend to play the MSX games, but MG2 actually didn't age that badly. Also it's got a good ost.

Old 30th August 2018, 11:52 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I haven't had a lot of time to play video games but I did manage to make enough time to 101% the first Crash Bandicoot in the N-Sane Trilogy. I didn't do any of the time trial stuff, but I did beat all the levels, smash all the crates, find all the gems... even the ones where you can't die once to get... the extra one percent comes from finishing Stormy Ascent- I certainly died quite a few times, but I did manage to beat the level.

That night I then went to Crash 2 and struggled trying to slide-jump my way onto higher platforms and I don't remember if the original game was as frustrating in that regard? Dunno if I'm blaming physics changes that aren't actually there, or if I'm just not remembering how to do this right... So I sort of stopped there! I dunno if I intend to 100% it and 3 or not... though since I finished 1, I'm tempted to drop it and play something else for a bit... I did pick up Octopath Traveller and I'd really like to give that a go....

Old 31st August 2018, 12:02 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Sorry for Double Posting

Also, presented without commentary:

Old 31st August 2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondekel View Post
I haven't had a lot of time to play video games but I did manage to make enough time to 101% the first Crash Bandicoot in the N-Sane Trilogy. I didn't do any of the time trial stuff, but I did beat all the levels, smash all the crates, find all the gems... even the ones where you can't die once to get... the extra one percent comes from finishing Stormy Ascent- I certainly died quite a few times, but I did manage to beat the level.

That night I then went to Crash 2 and struggled trying to slide-jump my way onto higher platforms and I don't remember if the original game was as frustrating in that regard? Dunno if I'm blaming physics changes that aren't actually there, or if I'm just not remembering how to do this right... So I sort of stopped there! I dunno if I intend to 100% it and 3 or not... though since I finished 1, I'm tempted to drop it and play something else for a bit... I did pick up Octopath Traveller and I'd really like to give that a go....
I played through the N. Sane trilogy for Switch and Crash 2 felt just like it did on PS1 for me. It was the first game that took me forever to adjust to, but it was also the only one I didn't play on PS1.

Old 1st September 2018, 04:35 AM
a quiche

You're Appreciated! 
I went to an arcade and played a bunch of BurgerTime and now I can't stop thinking about it. Like I'm watching longplays just to satiate the cravings. I wasn't even that good at it but it was so good. I'm pretty ****en good at Tapper though. Tapper's ****en good. Budweiser version for Real Adult

Also this is some of the sickest pinball I've ever played

There's a board game-style display on top that you navigate if you activate certain things in the pinball game, and there are choices you can make and directions to choose and items to aquire that you can control on the LED screen with the flippers. So it's basically like a three-layer game

Last edited by pastiche; 1st September 2018 at 04:46 AM.

Old 7th September 2018, 04:40 PM

Finished up Metal Gear Solid. While looking for a cheap PS3 so I can get the MGS Collection I've started up a new file in Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life on the GC in the meantime. It's pretty clunky, especially revisiting it after damn near 500 hours in Stardew Valley on Steam, but still has that strange charm to it.

Old 8th September 2018, 03:07 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I emulated MGS2 and 3. They were pretty stable, but you'll still probably want the PS3 collection. Have you played MG1 and 2 yet?

Been playing the PC port of Shenmue myself. It's a game where you ask people about sailors and then drive a forklift around for eight hours a day. Sometimes you punch someone too. It's neat.

Old 8th September 2018, 05:29 PM

No, I haven't played either of the Metal Gears, but I've had multiple people recommend them to me so I guess I probably should.

Old 9th September 2018, 03:16 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I started playing Final Fantasy XV because it was on sale on PSN and I love the characters so much. They're quirky and fun. Prompto is my favorite.

Also I finished Super Mario Odyssey finally, but I've been turning it on to get more stars once in a while. Also the last like, 13 episodes (I recorded it with Frankie as a let's play) will have DarthConker in them.

I bought Skyrim on my Switch and play that a bit too, as well as on my XBox One. I'm considering buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for it but I'm not sure yet.

User Tag List