Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 12th June 2023, 12:09 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Rainbow 25 years

Banjo-Kazooie came out 25 years ago this month.

Happy birthday. Maybe we'll see Threeie before our retirement. Maybe not. Doubt it.

Maybe with the soon to come death of Reddit forums like this might pick back up again? Who knows.

Cheers

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 12th June 2023, 12:13 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Well well well. The Monopoly piece no one picks has graciously returned to grace us with his....grace.

Old 12th June 2023, 05:17 AM
Requests name changes in wrong thread, pays price

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't remember what piece I picked because Monopoly sucks.

Unlike Banjo-Kazooie, that's the rad stuff there.

Old 14th June 2023, 02:03 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
banjo pooie

Old 14th June 2023, 09:04 PM
Fired

I was about to launch a mostly Banjo-Kazooie themed YouTube channel on the 25th anniversary. I was actually pretty serious about it. Long story short I lost the laptop 2 months ago that had the 20% finished video I was working on and the partly-done scripts I wrote for 4 other videos.

I would be upset, but the state of my hollow soul can no longer bequeath any emotion. Just numbness.

Old 14th June 2023, 10:53 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
One day we will get that Nuts and Bolts sequel everybody wants. One day.

Old 14th June 2023, 10:54 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pies View Post

I legitimately hope so.

Old 15th June 2023, 02:32 AM
Fired

I have soooo many cool ideas I thought of for a NaB sequel aaaahh there's so much potential begging to be unleashed

Old 15th June 2023, 06:40 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Jesus freaking Christ, I still remember asking my parents for a Banjo-Kazooie-themed ninth birthday party in late 1998. (They said no because nobody knew what that was.) Time sure does fly.

Anyway yeah, BK is a practically perfect video game that's brought me immeasurable joy for 25 years. Its legacy is well deserved. We'll all have kids and mortgages by the time Banjo-Threeie drops but I still sincerely believe it's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pies View Post
We already have. It's called Tears of the Kingdom.

Old 15th June 2023, 03:42 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
Banjo Tooie is the best game.

Because that's the one I had first. Good times.

Old 16th June 2023, 12:48 AM
Satan

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Happy bd to the bear and bird that showed me the wonderful world of video game and the joys of exploration that I can only imagine catalyzed my wanderlust to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
We already have. It's called Tears of the Kingdom.
Beat me to it haha, fiddling with contraptions has stagnated my progression in the story so hard in that game

Last edited by CaptainDredlokk; 16th June 2023 at 08:41 PM.

Old 16th June 2023, 03:30 AM
Fired

Here's some of the juicy tidbits that WOULD have been featured in that video that will never exist, because my life has evaporated into a torrent of wraith-like despair. Excluding some of the more obvious stuff like "you can turn sharp while flying/swimming" everyone knows already. I don't have my script anymore so these are just off the ol' dome.

(BK)
Getting all 100 Notes also gives you an extra life.

The last set of 6 empty honeycombs in the game don't actually increase the maximum health bar, they're literally just extras that don't do diddly squat.

Whenever you poop an egg you can pick it up before it shatters again and it goes back in your inventory.

Killing a crab enemy while it's NOT knocked over by OHKO-ing it gives you 2 health instead of 1.

You can kill the swinging tentacle enemies and Snacker, just poop eggs on them/gold feathers. The ghosts/skeletons/mummies and bee swarms that surround beehives late game can be killed with gold feathers.

You can cancel boots/running shoes early with attack button, the game just makes you stand still to do it.

This one is super niche and forgotten BUT, if you have found, and have already entered, all 3 Cheato cheats, anytime after that if you want to re-enter them to restock you items, you can interweave them all at the same time. BLUEEGGREDGOLDFEATHERS, note the lack of a plural on blue egg

Underneath the Mumbo near MMM in Grunty's Lair, the floor under him has a wholly unique texture featuring a drawing of....Mumbo. His chair mostly blocks it, but it's there.

The engines of the Rusty Bucket being turned on while the ship is parked isn't an oversight. Big ships need to start running their engines many hours, if not a full day before they can take off.

There is an audience of enemies watching you in Furnace Fun if you look up toward the ceiling.

(BT)
Jamjars heals you every time you talk to him even if you learned his move already. The ones in the hub world also refill your eggs, which is useful to get Clockworks.

Solo Kazooie can flutter forever and avoid all fall damage, just hold the button.

Beak Bomb can last forever, just hold the button.

The Terrydactyland roar code Jiggy you get with baby T-Rex spells "item" in morse code

The gold coins the Witchyworld slot machine enemies toss at you are the same ones from the poker game in the opening cutscene

Real Mayans worshipped jaguars are warrior deities, which is why Mayahem is full of warrior jungle cats

The reason for all the stone architecture on the lava side of Hailfire Peaks is a nod to Mt. Vesuvius/Pompeii, which was Roman. Hence the Hailfire colosseum, and Roman numerals in the level. The beta design docs featured Roman aquaducts that made the connection more obvious.

Jiggywiggy's temple is Jiggy-shaped

The crushers inside the Crushing Shed in GGM have eyes. You can only see this before you hit the red button and they are hard to actually see.

The Witchyworld space zone is shaped like a rocketship but you can't see this in-game

If you blow up the blinking panel in the Star Spinner room, it makes the ride way slower.

In WW, if an enemy wanders too close to a power generator at the exact moment Mumbo activates it, the lightning strike will kill the enemy.

Instead of paying Jolly Roger to open a room, you can just grenade the door.

(Headcanon I guess) Presumably the reason why the alien kids were in Hailfire Peaks is because their ship engines run on ice. The adults were probably heading over there before they ran out of fuel, fell out of the sky, and their spacecraft came crashing down creating the giant hole in the middle of the lagoon.

In the minigame with the pig who gets bitten by fish, your eggs can shoot THROUGH his cage to make it easier.

You can use Ice Eggs to freeze the octopuses. If you first freeze the underwater spinning fans with the big red buttons on them, then hit them with a grenade, they will blow up and never return on that save file.

(N64 only) If you have already given Mumbo a Glowbo, any time after that you want to become Mumbo again, you can actually stand in the green glowing vertical light downstairs and summon him from down there.

Remember those yellow Jiggy statue...things, on the outside of every level entrance? If you talk to one when a level isn't opened, but you have enough Jiggies to open it, it will directly warp you to Jiggywiggy's temple.

The reason Grunty Industries has those 2 tunnel/walls (where the fly pads are) connecting to the building on ground level is to explain how the train can get in and out of the building. Also out in the overworld, remember that big grey pipe that comes down from Cauldron Keep and into the wall? It comes back out of the wall in Grunty Industries and goes inside the building. Presumably this is where B.O.B. gets its electricity from.

The reason Weldar has poor eyesight is a joke. Cuz he's a welding torch, but he can't wear a mask to protect his eyesight.

The elevator in Grunty Industries isn't missing, it crashed and plummeted into the ground in some freak accident. The floor of the elevator shaft is the top of the elevator. Every sign showing where the elevator currently is shows it has crashed into the ground.

At some point I wrote way more information in this post than I intended...... oh well.

Old 16th June 2023, 04:27 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
If you hold R (N64 / Switch) / Right Bumper (Xbox) while swimming or flying, you can make sharper turns.

Old 16th June 2023, 05:30 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertykins76 View Post
If you first freeze the underwater spinning fans with the big red buttons on them, then hit them with a grenade, they will blow up and never return on that save file.
I knew all the non-headcanon facts you posted except for this one! I'm so glad I'm still learning new things about these games.

Old 16th June 2023, 07:15 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertykins76 View Post
Here's some of the juicy tidbits that WOULD have been featured in that video that will never exist,
I can't believe how much I learnt from this post.

User Tag List