Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2008, 05:38 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
i guess i will too, I think he's gonna make me admin. I have a little thing for Banjo-Universe drawn up, so i'll post that in a few...

Old 16th August 2008, 05:40 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
DOUBLE POST sry =P
a little concept for Banjo-Universe:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5...niverseox8.jpg

It's cluttered i know, but we'll work it out and you might wanna rotate the pic or tilt your head sideways

Old 16th August 2008, 05:59 AM
Dingpot

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Site has a pleasing simplicity to it nice job B-Kp, I also liket the color choice
ps. Only thinking of a way to bring those eels/bird baddies back nothing major I'll leave the level to you.
Edit: Do you have any script done so far?
I'm thinking of lines but i guess i'm getting a little ahead of myself.
Oh yeah direct me to anything i should be working on B-Kp my scanner's on the fritz so those drawings are gonna take a bit till they reach you.

Last edited by KazooieforHire; 16th August 2008 at 06:03 AM.

Old 16th August 2008, 06:12 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
oh okay- thats fine and thanks about the site

and off topic: No I don't have the script at all. Next saturday i'm leaving for Hawaii (gone for a week) so if i get my laptop in time, i'll start typing up some script on the plane. If I don't get it in time, i'll have to write it >.< and we should have banjo look like how he does in this vid:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=avtfC2Kh6Ho

mebecj, can you do a 3D model for him that looks like that (or similar)?

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 16th August 2008 at 06:14 AM.

Old 16th August 2008, 06:32 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
KazooieforHire- you should come up with some idea's for Ballistic Bedroom, cuz thats the next level we can talk about. So from here on, you should post any idea's for the game (levels, characters, script, etc.), and we can talk about BB 2morrow. So... Tomorrow's level:

Ballistic Bedroom
Description: An over-sized Children's Bedroom (Cloud Cuckooland Esque Sorta)
Music: Click Clock Clouds (Name now changed to B.B.)
Concepts: Open for Ideas!
Baddies:Ticky-Tocks

I'll be changing the music up as well I'm off for tonight, so cya 2morrow!

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 16th August 2008 at 06:44 AM.

Old 16th August 2008, 06:47 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I forgot how amazing your music was.

Old 16th August 2008, 06:48 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
i like the site man i am Abyss Warrior on the forums

as far as Banjo universe goes:
- i am still pushing the race across the planets. this would be a nice place to race mr. fit or... (shudders) canary mary
the only problem i had with canary mary is that she was so damn hard
- the aliens from BT of course would show up here
- new alien enemies would show up, another one i am thinking of is a green little alien creature that jumps out of craters and bites you. i thought it could look similar to the twinkly muncher and the thing that bites you in the swampy area of terrydactyl land but at the same time different. it would also have a lot of eyes.
- a portion of the level should take place inside a rocket that has broken down (their mission is to drop all the unsold copies of grabbed by the ghoulies onto the sun seriously that is fun game though) and you can help them to get their rocket in working condition again.
- there should also be a place called jinjo planet which explains the weird looking little guys' origins i don't know if you want to take that one seriously
- the guy from Jetpack should make a cameo appearance. maby you can help him in a game of Jetpack? (imagines banjo in his place... firing eggs with kazooie instead of lasers )

that is all for now

Edit: about the rocket idea, maby clanker could have been turned into a rocket since the end of BK?

Deltonax: thanks for the friend request
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Last edited by kingpaco; 16th August 2008 at 07:07 AM.

Old 16th August 2008, 08:03 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
sorry for the double post but i am leaving when i wake up and i won't be back until late tomorrow night so i thought i would share these ideas for the bedroom

- building block fort/ building. Did you ever have those toy blocks with letters and numbers on each of the 6 sides when you were kids? Well this is what one of the buildings should be made out of. It could serve as a code chamber as well since you would be able to use the letters. you could push the blocks to form your cheat codes, neat idea huh?
- childrens slide play area. A small slide that little kids can climb on, I will try to find a pic later to show you what I am thinking.
- Lego buildings
- Enemies similar to the guys you fight around the block tower in DK64. they had walking dice and dominoes and things like that so we should do something similar. i was thinking walking lego guys and toy dinosaurs among other things.
- a small tv and VCR (it has been ages since i have used one of those). mr. pants can be on the tv and video tapes with referances to other Rare works can be seen here. Did any of you ever get something stuck in the VCR? i didn't personally, but my parents always warned me about such a thing. i think Banjo should enter and get stuck in the VCR where he has to play some mini game to escape
- possibly small themed areas like witchy world from BT (example: western, space, dinosaurs). although that may be to similar to WW.
- possibly something having to do with rockem' sockem' robots
- something having to do with army guy toys
- gotta add the slinky
- mr. potato head mini game?

and yes, most of this is taken from experience
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Old 16th August 2008, 12:42 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Phewph, sorry everyone for there only having been one link on the forums, I forgot I had made most forums accessible only with the Dev forum mask, so no one could see them Problem should be fixed now, but if it's not, just PM me here and I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: Also, my computer's fixed, and I'm downloading the program as I type this

Old 16th August 2008, 02:52 PM
Clanker

RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Errrr........I have a big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Req.
You will need to be running a supported Operating System. Currently Crystal Space supports: Windows (32 bit),
I have Windows SP 2

Old 16th August 2008, 02:54 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
do you have any other kind of program?

Old 16th August 2008, 02:58 PM
Clanker

I think I can make it work with MSVC Express, but I'm not sure, though.

EDIT: Mostly given up. Can't make it run. Maybe I'll just use something else like Python, etc. and use that, though compatibility would most likely be an issue in that case.

Last edited by pgpm10; 16th August 2008 at 03:50 PM.

Old 16th August 2008, 03:59 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
well whatever works then

Old 16th August 2008, 04:16 PM
Clanker

The problem is, I don't know if it'll work.

Old 16th August 2008, 04:38 PM
Jinjo

The [hopefully] Final version of Banjo City. So yea, all these ideas that I'm reading are GREAT! Keep up the good work! I'll try to come up with a couple as well. But for now, enjoy.

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808676460

oh and i will be joining the forums

Closed Thread

User Tag List