Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th September 2006, 03:41 AM
Glowbo

Well what happened? Did you pay a dubloon or something? Cause you only have one dubloon it seems, and you did say it was a complete game so...well...I dunno what you have really so unless you did everything else like pay up till you have 2 (or 4) left, perhaps you finally found the payment for water scene.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:49 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Isaac made a good point.
Come on, man. Just admit you lied about your "complete game" code thing and that you just pasted the chest from Treasure Trove Cove to make it look like it was opened.

How else can you explain this?
The chests are identical and the edges of your chest were cut off.
Note: I'm running under RGB mode, hence there is no lighting.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:50 AM
Bunnycomb

Don't blame ThumbsUp, blame the guy who actually lied about this. Poor ThumbsUp is just confused and believes it's real.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:56 AM
Clanker

Don't blame any one you fell for it, it was obviously fake. For some it was annoying though.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:16 AM
Bunnycomb

I found it entertaining to watch(IMO), but I still knew it was fake.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:22 AM
Clanker

That was a general statement it wasn't directed at you, think of it this way its all practise of knowing how to spot fakes, also it got like 155 replies so it wasn't a bad thing

Old 19th September 2006, 04:36 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
A few things...

Just because the chest looks identical doesn't prove anything. Textures are used over and over again in order to save room on the cart, right? Look at the picture of Grunty in the lair? They used one quarter of the original picture, and made it look tacky...! Who's to say they didn't just use the picture from BK's TTC? All I'm saying is, we're trying to hard to disprove them, and not spending enough time looking into it, and possibly trying it.

Even if this is, in fact, a fakey, what will be different about every other time? We'll walk away from this with another loss on the board of SNS guesses.

This was a really well-thought out presentation, and I think it was kind of cool. I must say that the "convenience" behind the freezing is suspicious, at best. However, the points at which the game freezes are always bad places, where it feels like something important is about to take place...right? Take the Silos 8, 9, and "Ridiculously Secret Area" for instance. We can't get the game to stop freezing at those points...

All I'm saying is that we should quit flaming these fellas. Let's at least come out as the better people in the end, if they are fibbing to us, eh? We don't want to be "those stupid Banjo'experts' that didn't even recognize SnS when they saw it. Plus they were jerks." Let's not be remembered that way, just in case...?

Old 19th September 2006, 04:41 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoss
Just because the chest looks identical doesn't prove anything. Textures are used over and over again in order to save room on the cart, right?
It's not just the textures ... look very closely at the shapes and perspective of each of the two chests.

P_L for Registered User

Old 19th September 2006, 04:43 AM

RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Luigi
It's not just the textures ... look very closely at the shapes and perspective of each of the two chests.
I know...I was just trying to make a point...obviously it's not going to take...

Old 19th September 2006, 04:43 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Quote:
"those stupid Banjo'experts' that didn't even recognize SnS when they saw it. Plus they were jerks." Let's not be remembered that way, just in case...?
Too late, a rare employee already beat us at it. Went on RWP and said "Do any of you want to know SnS?" Then he got flamed and mentioned it on E3 I believe.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:46 AM
Glowbo

-post removed-

Last edited by ThumbsUpMaster; 20th September 2006 at 01:16 AM.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 3vil
Too late, a rare employee already beat us at it. Went on RWP and said "Do any of you want to know SnS?" Then he got flamed and mentioned it on E3 I believe.
From what I recall, that was actually a false statement...the guy that proceeded to say that did, in fact, tell us his method of SnS. It turned out to be fake, and I think one of our random members came online, and was like, "You guys blew it," or something to that effect.

You make a very good point, but I think that event was just a red herring.
---
EDIT: ThumbsUp, it looked like GM2k found a weird glitch right around where you guys said everything happened...you might still be okay.

Last edited by dmoss; 19th September 2006 at 04:49 AM.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:48 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsUpMaster
Ugh... please don't hate me, please.
I don't hate you.

P_L for Registered User

Old 19th September 2006, 04:50 AM
Glowbo

-post removed-

Last edited by ThumbsUpMaster; 20th September 2006 at 01:16 AM.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:51 AM

*ahem*

I don't hate you, either.

However, we better get back on-topic, or we might be posting in a closed thread soon...