Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 23rd October 2015, 03:47 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I have a few gripes with Skyward Sword, but I think I'm having the most fun with it during this particular playthrough than during my first and second one. Dunno why. Maybe it's because I'm just better at games in general whereas before I sucked? I really appreciate the streamlining of the dungeons in the game. The puzzles themselves are no less complex than any other Zelda game, but there is no wasted space and very little busywork. Unlike, for example, The Great Bay Temple or The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, which made puzzles out of being purposefully confusing to navigate, rather than giving the player a room or a set of rooms (or my favorite, making the entire dungeon center around a single conceit) in which to figure out the correct path forward. They just flow better. This means the maps don't even have to be detailed, but they're the most detailed in any Zelda game, which is a nice touch too.

Old 23rd October 2015, 07:36 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
200% Mixed Juice is out. It's like Dragon Quest Monsters but more VN. You collect OJ characters to fight with in RPS type match-up style RPG battles. It's got multiplayer too, but I think everyone's too low level right now to really participate in it.

Old 24th October 2015, 12:35 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
So, uh, Guitar Hero: Live is better than Rock Band 4 - the songs are /much/ better, and the guitar is definitely much better and actually makes it challenging again. It's cool you can sing too, which I had no idea that was even in it.

Although Rock Band will always be the best for everything else, and singing with friends and such.

Last edited by DementedSun; 24th October 2015 at 04:07 AM.

Old 24th October 2015, 04:28 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
what shit, I can't get past this stupid boss fight in FF14 and I literally can't gain any more levels because the game lowers your level for boss fights.

Old 24th October 2015, 05:36 PM

Started playing Triforce Heroes with the above user. So much fun. Also I don't know what the **** is happening in Tales of Xillia anymore.

Old 26th October 2015, 02:30 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I just completed all five episodes of Life Is Strange and enjoyed it very much. If you like visual novels give it a shot, it is a very gripping tale and truly not what I expected going in.

Old 26th October 2015, 03:52 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Hopefully tomorrow I'l have finished up Until Dawn. Halloween Night I plan to live stream one non-stop play through. It's not incredibly deep as a video-game, but it's a lot of fun and it's probably the only horror game I've pushed myself to finish because it is fun.

Old 26th October 2015, 05:04 PM
Mr. Pants

Somebody please tell me if Triforce Heroes is good

Old 26th October 2015, 05:17 PM

Triforce Heroes is good but if you are not supremely coordinated you will die a lot

Old 26th October 2015, 08:21 PM

A Link Between Worlds on Hero Mode has caused me to die about maybe 15 times total so far, and I only just got the second pendant. I feel like it'll easier as it goes on but damn. Tales of Xillia is also proving to be much too hard now on Moderate mode so I've gotta lessen it back down to Normal. These hard games make leisure time stressful...

Old 26th October 2015, 09:31 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I come in first pretty much 98% of the time in Guitar Hero: Live's 'multiplayer' mode. Dunno if everyone is just not playing on Expert, or I'm just adapting to this new guitar faster than 'em.

Old 27th October 2015, 10:46 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
A Link Between Worlds on Hero Mode has caused me to die about maybe 15 times total so far, and I only just got the second pendant. I feel like it'll easier as it goes on but damn. Tales of Xillia is also proving to be much too hard now on Moderate mode so I've gotta lessen it back down to Normal. These hard games make leisure time stressful...
People give me shit for playing games in easy mode, but this is my reasoning right here.

If I wanted games to be stressful and hard, I might as well just live life instead. Hard games just aren't relaxing to me at all.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 28th October 2015, 11:10 PM

I beat Tales of Xillia. First Tales game I've beaten and a pretty solid RPG to boot. Loved the final battle.

Old 29th October 2015, 12:41 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
Just played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune again for the first time in years via the Remastered collection. The satisfaction I felt beating this game was as hollow as the ancient sarcophagus the characters hunt for throughout. To say the gunplay in this game was trash would be an insult to garbage.

Still, it's over now, and the only reason I replayed it at all was to get to Uncharted 2 which I hear is much improved
I can't say whether Uncharted 2 is a fun game to play, but I can say it was a very entertaining game to watch, which Uncharted 1 was not.

Old 30th October 2015, 03:38 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
They finally released the Second Chapter of Trails in the Sky after four years in translation hell. It's pretty good, but I'm never going to forgive Falcom for deconfirming my otp three hours into the game...

Last edited by The Colonel; 30th October 2015 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Only true otakus will get this joke!

User Tag List