Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th December 2008, 12:05 AM
Glowbo

I think they are just references and have no real significant importance whether Grunty, Blackeye, or someone else owns those levels. I mean they were probably just references that Rare left to remember Captain Blackeye and previous things that were let go. But this is just my opinion and know one has to agree or even like my idea.

Old 9th December 2008, 12:45 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_wierdGuy View Post
but who says they didn't have similar levels?

take for example, clankers cavern (cause we have proof of its development)
(if you dont know what im talking about:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbHCQ...eature=related
go 18 seconds in )

this shows development of clankers cavern, where it went from an organic whale/shark/whatever in a mossy grotto, to a mechanical one in a pipe filled underground metal cavern

now, think logically, and we can assume other levels went through changes like this

Maybe what became rusty bucket bay, was originally just the pirates ship somewhere else? but changed into the rusty bucket in a port.
(and i think treasure trove cove probably went through the least amount of change, probably starting as a beach island whatever, to exactly what it is now)

or MMM changed from being blackeyes house, to the giants house, to becoming a haunted house.

they then left little things in because they either couldn't be bothered changing them as there was no need(like maybe the map room or captains cabin or something, i dont know)
or because they wanted to include a little cameo/reference, like blackeyes picture in MMM...
Look...

Here's a pic from the original Project Dream...

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/wiki...Screenshot.jpg

As you can clearly see, the game didn't use graphics even remotely close to what Banjo-Kazooie ended up with...

Back when Blackeye was the villain, the worlds were SNES level DKC-esque graphics, and had to be completely changed to bring to N64...

I really doubt that even one model was moved from the original Project Dream to Banjo-Kazooie...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 9th December 2008, 06:05 AM
Bunnycomb

i never said they used the same graphics, stop trying to put words in my mouth! just the same or similar concepts behind the level which evolved into what it is today

i have seen that pic many times, many many many times, i know everything you are telling me, you keep coming up with arguments about things im not even talking about..

so let me say this again:
the concepts behind the levels were probably the same, or evolved into what we now have, doesn't mean it was a direct copy, doesn't even mean the level as it is was even MADE yet, just that they included things from older versions because they saw no need to change it, or that they wanted to include it as an easter egg/reference

Old 9th December 2008, 01:43 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
The Dream projet was only an bas idea an it evolved into BK.