Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 31st December 2005, 10:39 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Still how did they get out

Old 1st January 2006, 05:31 PM
Brash Breegull

The BK worlds, Gobi's Valley, Freezeezy and so on, aren't in the lair. When you enter one of the levels, you get warped there, as you can clearly see when Banjo materialises on the level entry pad.
Boggy: You drop your change on the ground. An extremely gay man walks up to you and smells you extremely close to your face. He then gives you the dropped change and walks away, leaving you traumatized.

Old 1st January 2006, 05:40 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Huh that makes sense, so what you're saying is grunty had controll over the areas.

Old 1st January 2006, 07:33 PM
Dingpot

^I think that sums it up.

Old 1st January 2006, 11:06 PM
Brash Breegull

I doubt it. Most of the world seem pretty independent of any influence of Grunty's - Mad Monster Mansion aside, there's no real indication that they're part of her domain.
Boggy: You drop your change on the ground. An extremely gay man walks up to you and smells you extremely close to your face. He then gives you the dropped change and walks away, leaving you traumatized.

Old 2nd January 2006, 01:27 AM
Bunnycomb

the other levels are probably on the other side of the world theyre on... unless its flat.
it does seem like a waste of a planet to just have one island on the whole place.

Old 3rd January 2006, 01:23 AM
Glowbo

It's possible that the worlds in BK are illusionary worlds created by Grunty and don't exist in the "real" world. Their purpose is probably to hold the jiggies and notes and keep people from progressing deeper into her lair (when you think about it, the whole thing's just a really elaborate security system).

Old 3rd January 2006, 02:36 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 6
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Or maybe they are like the books in Myst with stuff like the Stoneship Age.

Old 3rd January 2006, 10:29 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketlex
It's possible that the worlds in BK are illusionary worlds created by Grunty and don't exist in the "real" world. Their purpose is probably to hold the jiggies and notes and keep people from progressing deeper into her lair (when you think about it, the whole thing's just a really elaborate security system).
But people live there - in particular, people who are seen again in Banjo-Tooie, so can't just be part of a computer programme or a magical illusion. Occam's Razor dictates that these are real places which Grunty has magically linked to her lair.

Also, who said that the whole planet is just for BK and BT? Diddy Kong Racing tells us that Banjo lives on the same planet as Diddy Kong, and therefore Donkey Kong, and therefore Mario. Seems like a very full planet, if you ask me.

Old 4th January 2006, 12:33 AM
Jinjo

Wow did my thread ever go far off topic! Lol oh well. *jumps on the bandwagon*

Weird world, eh? I guess that explains why all of them (except banjo) are in Super Smash Bros. Maybe Banjo wasn't invited, or was busy kicking butt on robot/skeletal/beauty-stealing witches, and couldn't make the RSVP date.
***EDIT***

But wait! what about link in Super Smash Bros.? Isn't he from medieval times?