Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st September 2007, 06:02 AM
Glowbo

zomg sns. rofflecopterskates.

Why It Would Be Real:
* Pretty convincing-looking.
* The mush around the pedestal looks like the dirty water texture in BT, could've been reused.
* Grunty always loses her left eye (someone said it somewhere earlier in this thread, they deserve credit) and Rare pays attention to details.
* Rocks make sense where they are, blocking off whatever exits there would be.

Why It Wouldn't Be Real:
* BanjoArt has said nothing about it, except a link to a website with no real info.
* Why would it be blurred if he was hacking it?
* How cool is it to fool and confuse people for this much time?
* Why would this be the RSA?
* In BK there's a light shining down from the ceiling, and here, you can make out just a little bit of the beam on the right, even though there's no shadow under the little bridge-ramp thing.

My take: fake, but a good one.

And the picture was kind of dark, so I brightened it.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...in/rsa1yo7.png

Old 22nd September 2007, 04:39 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebrain
I dunno, let's ask a certain cool retired member...

(Neg rep shields... ACTIVATE!
Wait... what's that? I don't have neg rep shields! AUGH!)

Old 22nd September 2007, 08:33 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I don't think CBM would comment right now, and nether Banjoart. Besides, CBM's "find" was more convincing, almost everyone here can see how this could be fake. But Banjoart really only found the picture, he didn't say he found RSA1.

Old 22nd September 2007, 08:39 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
i think it's a fake, but it's a really good fake, i give kudos the maker

Old 23rd September 2007, 12:38 AM
Dingpot

Kudos! i like kudos! *Goes to king kullen and buys kudos* Oh yea this stuff is good! oh wait... oh Kudos to the maker, i see now...

Old 23rd September 2007, 02:15 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC
I don't think CBM would comment right now, and nether Banjoart. Besides, CBM's "find" was more convincing, almost everyone here can see how this could be fake. But Banjoart really only found the picture, he didn't say he found RSA1.
*sigh* I was referring to
Quote:
I was not saying, "Hey, guys, let's all go ask CBM what he thinks!"

Old 23rd September 2007, 02:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I kenw what you meant. I just thought I should make the plainly obvious even more obvious.

Old 21st October 2007, 07:29 PM
Jinjo

So has anyone else found any information on the RSA besides the vague text string?

Old 21st October 2007, 08:16 PM
Grunty's Reject

Considering that no one has posted anything, no.

Old 22nd October 2007, 02:29 AM
Clanker

And just for any dummies who might still be figuring out if this is real or fake (seriously, how can anybody think this crap could be real?):

1) Mr Carlos is so pleased that he's hacked out RSA with the help of Ice & Sub! So pleased is he, in fact, that he hasn't actually told anyone at the RWP his discovery! What a scoop Ice is missing on his front page, that his good friend Carlos hacked out the fabled RSA! Such a shame he forgot to write it up. After all that's the only reason for nobody to have mentioned it, and not, I dunno, that somebody completely made it up.

2) Why is everyone going on about how good a Photoshop this is? This is baby stuff to anybody who knows anything about Photoshopping. Here's your first hint: look at the fake screenshots I made on BT Hive, then look at this. See any similarities? Oh yeah, they're both RIDICULOUSLY BLURRY. Seriously, how can you get a screenshot this crappy without trying? Even if you give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that he did this on an actual N64 and didn't have a video capture card, he could still point a camera at the TV and get a much, much better picture than that, and even then, if it looked pants, don't you think he would try to optimise his proof? Brighten it, sharpen it? I find it very difficult to imagine that this picture would be the best that he could come up with. It's cack.

Now why could the photograph be (a) darker than anything else in the game, and (b) so blurry that Carlos' television must have beer goggles? Could it be to hide someone's Photoshop job? Oh gawd no, perish the thought. *rolls eyes*

Hey, remember that really blurry photo of "the Loch Ness Monster" that turned out to actually be a plastic toy? Now, why wasn't that picture nice and sharp, eh? Funny how controversial pictures are always so dubious, don't you think? Sheesh.

3) How very convenient that this super-secret area is conveniently the same as an area that was in the other game, only with some rocks in. Because of course we can all think of a hundred reasons why Rare would go to the trouble of putting in this hidden room that's got nothing in it whatsoever, for some secret fun of their own. A hidden room, no less, that for some reason can only be photographed from a vantage point not normally used anywhere else in the game. How strange that this secret area doesn't look totally different to anything else in either game and would therefore be harder to Photoshop.

4) Ridiculously Secret Area is the label on a Silo address. Do you see a Silo in that picture? No, you don't.

5) If you guys still think this crap is convincing, then I will spend not more than hour creating a fake of my own that looks BETTER than this crud, just to prove to you that this fake is NOT persuasive or even good, it's a lame-ass, obvious Photoshop job that you ought to be deeply ashamed of yourselves for falling for.

For God's sake.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums

Old 22nd October 2007, 12:46 PM
Jinjo

Well, that verble assult was uneeded

Old 22nd October 2007, 12:59 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
Well, that verble assult was uneeded
Yeah, I agree. The topic was done and over Mike, that really wasn't needed at all.

Old 22nd October 2007, 01:52 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Had that been a month earlier...

Old 22nd October 2007, 02:17 PM
Clanker

I don't care if it was a month ago. I still think less of everyone who thought this was real.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums

Old 22nd October 2007, 02:23 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHive View Post
I don't care if it was a month ago. I still think less of everyone who thought this was real.
Just for believing something?.. yeesh don't get so worked up on something that died about a month ago.

Last edited by DeLMrcs; 22nd October 2007 at 02:26 PM.