Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 26th November 2007, 03:39 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabythejiggies View Post
Welcome to my Bottles Revenge Pushbutton Code Topic.
In this topic I will be discussing my views on everyones favorite hidden satanic minigame: Bottles Revenge, and perhaps finding a way of how we can unlock it.

As we all know, Bottles Revenge was found quite a while ago by Game Shark, the question however remained "Is there a way to unlock this mode legally?"
This was where the push button code came into play.
One member stated that if Rare were to hide a mode, they could assign the mode to activate after certain buttons on the N64 controller were pressed in a sequence.

This would be quite clever on Rares part in order to hide extras from hackers, but what could this button code be?

I personally believe that the button code is not on the Nintendo controller at all, but on the Nintendo 64.
Now, before you go ripping your N64 open looking for clues, I must let you know I'm not talking about YOUR Nintendo 64, I am talking about Banjos.

On the startup screen of Banjo-Tooie there is a number of different objects: A lampshade, 3 Banjo Tooie cartridges, an electric socket, a garbage pail, a honeycomb television and lots of other devices.
One of these devices in an N64 to play multiplayer games...

If you plug in all 4 controllers into the multiplayer 64, the colors will be:
(Left to right) Red, Green, Blue and Yellow.
As soon as you remove one of these controllers from their respective socket, it will vanish from the 64.
So, could a push button code possibly be located in this 64?

Before you make a descision consider the following:

In the study of "Logic Gates", a method of configuring networks, a series of four gates called "A, B, C and D" must be used to configure a network full of "And", "Nand", "Or", "Nor" and "Xor".
This sequence is called binary and each gate has a way of sorting out these specific gates, such as the AND Gate which takes two 1's in order to produce a 1. If the any of the two ones are 0's, they will produce a 0.
Using this term of speaking, the N64 (in game) could work the same way, but instead of following a binary pattern of lets say... 0010010101.
It would instead be translated into a color pattern like...Red, Green, Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, Red, Blue, Yellow, Blue, Green, Blue.

This method seems flawless in a sense that you would only attempt to plug controllers in and out if someone told you, not to mention the fact that if you did decide, you would have to get it in some sort of correct order.

Well, what do you think?
You're very smart and your opinion is strong, in an intimidating kind of way. I wouldn't ever have the time to try this out, but it seems possible if you wanna give it a whirl.

Old 26th November 2007, 10:23 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by collecter View Post
Didn't someone post some sort code a while ago? I think it had Z in it but I can't remember what the entire thing was.
ZZA? Somebody said it registered something at Banjo's house but i'm not too sure if it was true. If there is a button code we can still get it through hacking, maybe you should check for any changes when the number of controllers change. (Beside the obvious changes.) I'd check myself but my PC has a hard time even booting up.