Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th January 2008, 08:03 PM
Dingpot

Exclamation Why did people expect so much from SnS?

Ok I've read loads of theories on SnS and pretty much all of them seem to assume that it would unlock whole new levels and other program intensive exclusive things, but the thing is if rare were going to program a whole level why would they lock it up for only the people who have BK to play? surely that's a lot of effort to not let everyone have access to. Why don't people just accept that maybe SnS was only ever going to be a few small unlocks like dragon kazooie and extra characters in multiplayer? Is it because we were denied it that we built it up to be something far grander than it ever would have been? In fact on reflection I think I've had much more fun through being denied SnS than if Rare had made it in the end. It definitely made BK and BT a much more cult game than it would otherwise have been

Old 9th January 2008, 08:27 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itxi View Post
Is it because we were denied it that we built it up to be something far grander than it ever would have been?
Bingo.

1998 - Secret eggs and ice key? Banjo-Tooie? Meh. Okay.
1999 - Stop 'n Swop? More eggs? Hmm.
2000 - Banjo-Tooie's out, no sign of any connection.
2001 - No word from Rare. What could this have been?
2002 - Okay, Rare have been bought out. They have no loyalty to Nintendo now, they can spill the beans!
2003 - WHY WON'T THEY TALK?!?!
2004 - HAY U NO WHAT, MABE SNS CAN BE REMADE ON XBOX?!?
2005 - HAI GUYS LOL MAYBE TEH OBSCURE MARK IN SOME RANDOM TEXTURE MEANS SOMETHIANG?!?!
2006 - WHAT IF THIS WAS THE ANSWAR TO LIEF?!!?!?
2007 - Banjo-Theories forum created.

Last edited by Gold Jinjo; 9th January 2008 at 08:30 PM.

Old 9th January 2008, 09:39 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itxi
Why don't people just accept that maybe SnS was only ever going to be a few small unlocks like dragon kazooie and extra characters in multiplayer?
Quote:
Is it because we were denied it that we built it up to be something far grander than it ever would have been?
Actually, everyone is confused because they don't get that it went through different stage's to become what it is. BK -> Dk64, BK -> BT.

It's not just stop N swop, here. People go Berserk over Bottle's Revenge, Ridiculously secret area 1, Tower room, and other small secrets. They then try to link those secret's together to make them seem like they are part of one BIG overall secret.

Quote:
Why don't people just accept that maybe SnS was only ever going to be a few small unlocks like dragon kazooie and extra characters in multiplayer?
I don't think they care what it unlocked, it's more like HOW they were to be unlocked. That's where most of the theories come in .

But we really know it went something like this...

-Find a clue in BT, such as the pink egg picture in Jolly's bar.
-Activate certain event in that area.
-Flag's set into memory
-Turn off n64, replace cartridge with BK
-Turn on n64, BK read's flagged data and set's a variable in memory unlocking secret area's.
-Grab secret item(ice key, egg's), and banjo Kazooie will set a flag in memory.
-Turn off N64 and replace with Banjo tooie.
-Turn on N64, Banjo tooie read's flag data and set's a variable in memory setting the secret item's in your inventory.
-Give secret item's to correct character, and recieve your prize.

THE END!

Anyone who understand's Stop N Swop know's that it work's like this. It's all based on evidence. People try to create stupid alternative theories as to how it worked, and because they wan't to believe that it work's that way, they start believing their own theories, instead of basing it on evidence.

Basically, the N64 was a very experimental machine. Many different thing's were tested on it that never worked out. For example, the DD64 which only lived for about a year after it's release, because nintendo kept putting it off.

Old 10th January 2008, 08:00 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
People believed in many possible SNS prizes:
-Mount Fire Eyes in BK,
-Fungus Forest in BK,
-Hammerhead Beach in BK,
-fire,grenade and ice eggs from BT in BK,
-Bottles' Revenge mode in BT (BanjoPL )
-co-op mode in BT,
-Silo 8,Silo 9,Ridiculously Secret Area 1
-all BK levels in BT,

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th April 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Old 10th January 2008, 08:14 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
After dead of "SNS=BR" theory only small hope left..."collect ice key,collect 4 eggs,activate secret level".
No, actually, there is NO hope. Sorry.

Old 10th January 2008, 01:27 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Why is it that after newbies see 4 SNS threads, they assume the entire forum is enveloped by it?

Old 10th January 2008, 09:45 PM
Dingpot

Ive seen more than 4, Ive been on a different bt forum for years. I dont just mean levels here, I'm talking about the general theory that SnS will unlock something massive and still undiscovered.

Old 11th January 2008, 03:41 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
What? No one's ever assumed that...

Old 11th January 2008, 03:54 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Here's my (crazy) theory: Rare put the eggs and the Ice Key in BK with no intention of it having any other purpose than to drive you all insane.

Old 11th January 2008, 04:13 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
Here's my (crazy) theory: Rare put the eggs and the Ice Key in BK with no intention of it having any other purpose than to drive you all insane.
That actually sounds like something Rare would do

Old 11th January 2008, 06:20 AM
Glowbo

Hey, at least it kills the time to solve SNS while waiting for BK3.

Old 11th January 2008, 07:24 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I remember back in the days when I was just a lurker, about a year and a half ago, there was a lot of stuff being said about those extra silos banjoPL mentioned earlier, then I forgot about SnS for a little while and now there seems to be no one talking about it, What did I miss?

Old 11th January 2008, 07:45 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
What? No one's ever assumed that...
Like I said I was on a different forum for a while, quite a few theories like that. Guess it was a bit stupid of me to assume it was the same here

Old 11th January 2008, 07:50 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNaCrAt
I remember back in the days when I was just a lurker, about a year and a half ago, there was a lot of stuff being said about those extra silos banjoPL mentioned earlier, then I forgot about SnS for a little while and now there seems to be no one talking about it, What did I miss?
You missed CBM's fake extra Egg's theory. A whole load of TB discoveries such as the Stop N Swop flag's being found in memory, and that ridiculous memory 20 theory I came up with .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itx
Like I said I was on a different forum for a while, quite a few theories like that. Guess it was a bit stupid of me to assume it was the same here
Nah, it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjonator
Yes, Rare is cruel .

Old 12th January 2008, 06:28 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
You missed CBM's fake extra Egg's theory. A whole load of TB discoveries such as the Stop N Swop flag's being found in memory, and that ridiculous memory 20 theory I came up with .
You forgot my Giant's Lair theory. I see how it is rune, no cake for you...